Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I just looked at my Manage Orders page. My production week used to be 9/27/21 (5 months after my reservation was converted to an order and accepted by dealer). It is now 10/4/21. @Ford Motor Company what gives? Bad enough that several MMEs without reservations have been shipped while my reserved GT-PE order was just sitting and sitting. Now it’s delayed another week? Not happy about this.
Sponsored

Tanwin

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion & Mach E
Country flag
I just looked at my Manage Orders page. My production week used to be 9/27/21 (5 months after my reservation was converted to an order and accepted by dealer). It is now 10/4/21. @Ford Motor Company what gives? Bad enough that several MMEs without reservations have been shipped while my reserved GT-PE order was just sitting and sitting. Now it’s delayed another week? Not happy about this.
Mine has been in production since 7/4. I’m still waiting for a chip.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Two weeks ago my 4/27 order finally received a 10/4 build date. Then last week it suddenly changed to a 10/11 build date. Like you, I too am not happy about this!

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Two weeks ago my 4/27 order finally received a 10/4 build date. Then last week it suddenly changed to a 10/11 build date. Like you, I too am not happy about this!
The whole reservation/order process has been pretty horrible. I have received only two communications from Ford Corporate. The first was the one confirming my reservation. The second was the ”minimum of 6 week chip hold” email. @Ford Motor Company needs to do better. The silence while everything is doing nothing is not as bad as when there is a change (like dealer accepting order, production date scheduled, etc.). ?

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
I agree wholeheartedly but also suspect that a lot is out of their hands. It is not just microchips—the entire supply chain/shipping industry is completely thrown out of whack. Every industry is affected.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I agree wholeheartedly but also suspect that a lot is out of their hands. It is not just microchips—the entire supply chain/shipping industry is completely thrown out of whack. Every industry is affected.
I think that everybody understands that there are challenges across industries and supply chains are a mess. Like auto chips, construction is a goat rodeo right now.

The OP's post, and a lot of the follow-on comments, are about the extremely poor communications that Ford is doing. I got an earful from my dealer yesterday as they are not hearing anything from Ford either and are really tired of betting blind-sighted. This is something that Ford leadership needs to hear and needs to address. Unlike chip factories in Asia, this is one thing they do have control over.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
With the chip shortages and delayed production, it would be a shock if orders were on time. I would be prepared for further delays.
Didn't you see this?

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I think that everybody understands that there are challenges across industries and supply chains are a mess. Like auto chips, construction is a goat rodeo right now.

The OP's post, and a lot of the follow-on comments, are about the extremely poor communications that Ford is doing. I got an earful from my dealer yesterday as they are not hearing anything from Ford either and are really tired of betting blind-sighted. This is something that Ford leadership needs to hear and needs to address. Unlike chip factories in Asia, this is one thing they do have control over.
Yup, it’s bad en that my reservation got a crap production week, but not being notified about anything and having to pull the information about everything is frustrating. Having to pull the information about a silent delay after being given a crap production week and seeing other peoples non-reservations get delivered is just insulting. At least the “chip delay” email was something.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
With the chip shortages and delayed production, it would be a shock if orders were on time. I would be prepared for further delays.
Didn't you see this?
I'm not seeing the point of your comment. Well aware of COVID and all. What am I missing here?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The builds are all stacked up waiting on the same chips. Seems like they don't have a good handle on the timeline per car though, and posted ETA's are all over the place. Some realistic, some not. Nothing we can do except wait. It's not like there is anything else to buy instead.

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The builds are all stacked up waiting on the same chips. Seems like they don't have a good handle on the timeline per car though, and posted ETA's are all over the place. Some realistic, some not. Nothing we can do except wait. It's not like there is anything else to buy instead.
I would be fine if my build went off on schedule and was held up by the “chip delay” because I have already been notified of the “chip delay.” I just wish that information was pushed rather than having to be ferreted out. Well, also kind of upset that my mom likely will not get a ride in my MME.

True that there is nothing else on the market (for me) that is interesting empty buy.

tacobellcow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Ordered: '21 Select (Silver w/appearance pack)
Occupation
Advertising Sales
Country flag
For those tracking builds, how long does it take for a vehicle to move from "production" to "built". I'm at day 7 now, expecting it to be longer (obviously).

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I have yet to receive my GT, but from what I have read here and from reviews of the MME it is a great product. It would be a shame if Ford slowed or reduced sales due to lack of communication to their customers. Pretty basic stuff.

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have yet to receive my GT, but from what I have read here and from reviews of the MME it is a great product. It would be a shame if Ford slowed or reduced sales due to lack of communication to their customers. Pretty basic stuff.
Agreed. The demand for GTs and GT-PEs is something Ford has known for a long time. There should be no reason for any reservations to be this far out without Ford knowing why and being able to communicate this. I would completely understand units that were not customer reservations having uncommunicated issues (but it’s still pretty unacceptable).

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
For those tracking builds, how long does it take for a vehicle to move from "production" to "built". I'm at day 7 now, expecting it to be longer (obviously).
weeks and maybe months right now. mine went in 7/14, produced 8/9 and still sits un-shipped waiting on chip with and unchanged, and likely very unrealistic eta of 9/25.
Sponsored