pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I am not sure where you are getting your information. I am a retired ER/ICU RN. At sixty years of age I am in the early high category. Luckily I can stay home and away from people who are in denial about how serious this is. The virus DOES live in hot climates. Have you taken a look at the the infection and deaths in Australia which has been experiencing the outbreak in the middle of their summer. Have you looked at the infections rate and deaths that are starting to climb in Florida where the weather is getting hotter with spring approaching?

It is easy to say that so many die from heart disease, the flu, strokes, etc every year. This pandemic is going to worsen those numbers because there are not going to be hospital beds for patients having other issues. How can people be so ignorant about what is getting ready to happen in this country. Take a hard look at Italy and see our future.

I still get the latest information from the CDC and other sources even though I am retired. It is not good. The effective mortality rate for those over 80 is approaching 27%!!! That is one in four people. For those in their 60's and above it starts around 6% and rapidly climbs toward 17%. Even if you go by a average 3% death rate.....that is one million people in the United States alone. Who do you think are the leaders and most knowledgeable CEO's, scientists, teachers, etc. It is the older people in our country (yes there are some younger ones.) If a large of percentage of these people die what is that going to do to our world.

People can hide their heads in the sand and say..."Well, I'm young so no problem." Maybe for you, but for us that are older, like your parents etc....we don't feel that way. I would like to enjoy my retirement that I worked so long to earn. It is going to take the world years to get over this pandemic...just wait and see.
I don't think anyone here is saying "who cares", but we CAN protect the vulnerable without shutting down the economy. There is no doubt to that. A crashing economy will be much worse than this disease.
Sponsored

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Isn't it that Trump said "All nonessential employers cut workforce 50%"

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
GM, Ford N.A. plants to shutter through March 30
(actually corrected to until March 30)
"Ford Motor Co. and General Motors said that all manufacturing sites in the U.S., Mexico and Canada will close through at least March 30 as the automakers battle the coronavirus epidemic." This includes the Cuautitlán Mexico plant where the MME will be made.
https://www.autonews.com/automakers...arch-30?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"Ford Motor Co. and General Motors said that all manufacturing sites in the U.S., Mexico and Canada will close through at least March 30 as the automakers battle the coronavirus epidemic." This includes the Cuautitlán Mexico plant where the MME will be made.
https://www.autonews.com/automakers...arch-30?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
With the damage being done to people's finances, they ain't gonna have many customers buying for a while anyway. This is all becoming kinda moot.

I suspect that was some of the thinking behind the automakers suddenly reversing their push to keep the plants open. Probably rethought it and realized they're gonna NEED to slow production now so they don't get stuck with tons of inventory without buyers.

Last edited:

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Median Age in USA is 38 years of age, so that means .2% of people would die. 330,000,000 x .2% = 660,000 max if every single person got it.
Love the mathematical juggling here. Of course, 2% of 330 Million = 6.6Million

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Hey, another 10 days of 2000 point declines in this stock market and the DJI will be at 0. At that point there will be nothing to worry about anymore. As I've said before, watch how quickly a society can unravel.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
This article talks about the plant making the ranger. It states nothing about the plant in mexico.

OP
OP
jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
They said all North American Production. Back when I was in school Mexico was in North America. They may have changed that the way Pluto is no longer a planet......

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This article talks about the plant making the ranger. It states nothing about the plant in mexico.
Let's try bold text, shall we?
"Ford Motor Co. and General Motors said that all manufacturing sites in the U.S., Mexico and Canada will close through at least March 30 as the automakers battle the coronavirus epidemic."

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Thanks for the article. A great read. My thought Ford like the other car companies is going to have to do something crazy to incentify people to spend major dollars on a car. Sure the Mach E will be delayed but the wait could be financially far better.

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
The Mach E, Bronco, and new F150 are not getting delayed. We just had a Ford global online meeting today and it was stressed to everyone how important it is give all effort to deliver these 3 products with quality and on time. It's all hands on deck. Ford knows they need to get these 3 vehicles right and on time, no excuses.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The Mach E, Bronco, and new F150 are not getting delayed. We just had a Ford global online meeting today and it was stressed to everyone how important it is give all effort to deliver these 3 products with quality and on time. It's all hands on deck. Ford knows they need to get these 3 vehicles right and on time, no excuses.
Well that's rather optimistic. Glad to hear it. Just a bit worried there won't be anyone able to afford it by the end of the year.
Sponsored