Profile keeps defaulting to Guest

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Around half the time I get in my car it keeps defaulting to the Guest profile.

This means I have to hit the memory seat button, wait for the computer to load, go to profiles then click on my profile half the time.

Details:
I only have 1 profile and guest
I have BOTH my phone on me and key fob all the time.
I don’t leave the FordPass app running or open. (It’s closed unless I want to use it for some reason)
I deleted my wife’s phone from the car
I deleted then added the only key fob I use
I have “easy exit” activated

Anyone else with the same issue or found a solution?

Today for example I took the car to the gym, no problem it loaded my profile after sitting all night. Leaving the gym an hour later? Guest profile……
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have found that I get the guest profile whenever I remote start the vehicle (Slightly annoying bug). If I don’t remote start, my profile comes up reliably.
I’ve never used the remote start, nor do I pre-condition. Just get in the car and go.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Try making a third profile, this fixed a weird profile issue I was having a few months ago.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try making a third profile, this fixed a weird profile issue I was having a few months ago.
For the 3rd profile, did you link it to a phone or fob? I have 2 fobs

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No I just made a dummy profile and named it Test
Gotcha. I set up a profile for my wife with fob 2. I’ll see if that works.

If not, my next trial and error will be to attach fob 2 to the guest profile, so maybe it won’t activate unless fob 2 is there.

I’m assuming you can’t delete Guest.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I turned off Driver Profiles altogether. They were messing up a lot of things when I got my MME last Feb. Fought with it for 2-3 weeks before giving up. We've been driving for 11 months now with no profiles. Works fine. Everything just stays the same until explicitly changed. We don't need multiple profiles anyway. The only thing we want to change is the seat/mirror position, and that's tied to the fob/PAAK anyway.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I turned off Driver Profiles altogether. They were messing up a lot of things when I got my MME last Feb. Fought with it for 2-3 weeks before giving up. We've been driving for 11 months now with no profiles. Works fine. Everything just stays the same until explicitly changed. We don't need multiple profiles anyway. The only thing we want to change is the seat/mirror position, and that's tied to the fob/PAAK anyway.
This will definitely be my backup plan. But how do you turn profiles off? And if you do, how do you tie memory seats to the fob/PAAK without profiles? The only way I know to do it is through editing a profile.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This will definitely be my backup plan. But how do you turn profiles off? And if you do, how do you tie memory seats to the fob/PAAK without profiles? The only way I know to do it is through editing a profile.
Just go into Settings, Personal Profiles. Right at the top is the setting to turn Personal Profiles off.

As for the fobs, I think you're right, that that needs to be linked to a fob through a Personal Profile. So that would need to be turned on to do that. I did that in the beginning. But then later I turned Personal Profiles off. Honestly, I'm not even sure if that also turned off the seats automatically changing based on which fob gets in the car. I drive the car 90% of the time (seat button #1) and it nearly always changes to that when I get in the car (if it wasn't already there). So I think it works off my fob. But my partner says he often has to hit the #2 door button. So I'm not sure if it's activating by the fob or just going back to #1 by default.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I have found that I get the guest profile whenever I remote start the vehicle (Slightly annoying bug). If I don’t remote start, my profile comes up reliably.
This has been a bug that I've wanted them to fix forever. It is so frustrating. I'll forget to hit the memory button and then 1pd is off and I'm suddenly flying down my driveway or wherever I'm parked. I've gotten better at it but it is a really dumb bug.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
This is happening to me also, but only when I remote start. I deleted the Fob from my wife's profile and it does not select hers, but it selects Guest. Maybe I will turn off profiles also. She never drives my car anyway.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
All the F*ing time. I have 3 profiles, 1 is linked to the key fob and my phone, the others are just profiles. It actually changes while I'm driving!

Ford gives us games but can't fix a profile issue.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Mine is also doing this... I'll try setting up a second profile with the exact same settings to see if that helps.

Otherwise, I know the drill by now... "Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end."

Kidding aside, I've also been reporting bugs directly to Ford via the sync touch screen. I recommend that everyone do the same thing. Hopefully, the more it's reported then the quicker it's made a priority to fix.

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Interesting - Now that I'm seeing this I realized that the 3 times the guest profile came up for me was when I did the remote start... I don't know that I would have made that connection out on my own! Thank you!

I really wish they would add a precondition option to FordPass, I'd much rather do that than remote start.
Sponsored