Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
That is actually not that far from truth. Mercedes has already certified their L3 autopilot. And it is exactly the level you need to be able to sleep while the car is driving on the freeway. Forget about Musk and Tesla
only if you travel at less than 40 MPH on the freeway...

Mercedes’ Drive Pilot system, though, only works at speeds of up to 40 mph (64 km/h). That means that it will primarily be used during traffic jams.

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/01/m...get-approval-for-level-3-autonomy-in-the-u-s/
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Do people actually pronounce lightning like they're spelling it somewhere in the country? (e.g. light-en-ing)
I smile every time I see someone do this... which is a lot.

Lightning is the truck name

Lightening is what the truck needs, weighing in at >6K lbs.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag

HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
I dont believe hardly anything Farley says. Whatever he did say, it will take twice as long, and cost 4 times as much. If the total was supposed to be 0, it will be completely wrong as well.

They absolutely butchered the Lightning launch. Literally nothing but the truck itself actually came to fruition. Timeline and costs were worth a disaster lol

HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
It's just a start. It will definitely be changing overtime
Really that's the biggest piece, low speed automation helps take the pain out of the daily commute. Anything at high speed can basically be lane keep assist (like bluecruise and autopilot) and you take away a lot of the stressors of traffic.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
In relation to EVs - it is the case because huge investments go to R&D now. Only volumes can pay them off
Sure, but that’s not what you said.

You said volume will decrease “manufacturing costs.” I was just pointing out that it isn’t necessarily true.
Sponsored