Prospective Mach-E Buyer quick questions (I have Tesla/Bolt)

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
With Tesla- some owners have Sentry mode enabled and if in an area where there is activity, ie parked outside, it may activate often and drain the battery.
Ah! Yes. I forgot they had Sentry Mode. That keeps most of the modules awake I bet.
Sponsored

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
If unplugged, yes, it appears to. I did an overnight (outdoor) unplugged test in cold weather and while the car reported it was still at 100%, the predicted range had decreased. Though that may have just been due to having a now-cold battery. If in the garage, unplugged, I haven’t noticed any decrease in range.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-range-loss-due-to-cold-yet.3698/#post-116627

Good question, the car doesn’t give good feedback about when it’s using regen, I’m just doing one pedal driving and I guess assuming it’s regen! One pedal driving seems to work the same at all temps, down to the 20F or so mine has spent lots of time at.

I was averaging 2.9-3.0 mi/kWh on rural Colorado roads and mounting passes in the cold...I think getting over 3 in more benign conditions is very realistic.
The charge is still there, I would think the range-o-meter is just being real-time.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Relative to the Bolt, the MMe regen seems less aggressive, and I still find myself reaching for the paddle with my left hand. Although less aggressive, the MMe regen still seems adequate for its intended purpose (There is no regen meter in the MMe, so unlike the Bolt, you just don’t know).

The Bolt was more efficient and I had higher mi/kWh with the Bolt under similar weather/driving habits. The MMe has a larger battery, so all in, I go further on a charge with the MMe.

Neither my Bolt nor my MMe have appreciable battery loss/drain overnight, regardless of weather conditions.
Sponsored