PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
After driving behind another dump truck spewing rocks the other day I decided to look into the cost of protection film for the front end of my ME. I called a local authorized X-Pel dealer in Palm Beach County and he said they haven't seen the car and don't have a pattern, but he estimated the cost to be about $1800-$2000 (including full front hood, fenders, bumper). He also said if I knew others getting delivery soon they might be able to put together a discount. Anyone have an interest?
Sponsored

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
After driving behind another dump truck spewing rocks the other day I decided to look into the cost of protection film for the front end of my ME. I called a local authorized X-Pel dealer in Palm Beach County and he said they haven't seen the car and don't have a pattern, but he estimated the cost to be about $1800-$2000 (including full front hood, fenders, bumper). He also said if I knew others getting delivery soon they might be able to put together a discount. Anyone have an interest?
I called around yesterday and got quotes in the 4K range for the full car. The part that worried me was they said you had to wax the PPF 4 times a year. Anyone heard this one on PPF?

OP
OP
PMDGator

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
I called around yesterday and got quotes in the 4K range for the full car. The part that worried me was they said you had to wax the PPF 4 times a year. Anyone heard this one on PPF?
I do know there is a factory recommended wax (X-PEL) but I don't have any first hand experience.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I had Xpel on my Stinger and was not told anything like that. It looked great and worked well. Deflected a huge chunk of something on the highway and actually tore but saved the paint.

Benken

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE, 2019 Q5, 2006 999, 2012 Diavel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Clear Shield Protection in Stuart has the patterns. Cost was approximately $2500.
Coverage was partial hood, A pillars, 6-8 in. strip of roof. All door sills, First Edition emblems. Rear trunk sill, charging door, headlights, mirror caps and partial of front fenders, flares. Glass roof was an immediate suggestion. Don’t know if it will save the roof if hit just right. But it’s worth the effort to try.
Sponsored