eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I'm new to this too Mark. I watched their videos, and their stuff is also available on Amazon (chemical guys). I also watched Pan the organizer videos. Lots of good stuff. I decided just to go to AutoZone, buy the supplies for doing a two bucket wash and clay bar detail that they had on the shelf and order the Gold Eagle Graphene to try out on my two current cars. They turned out really great, and there are even more great products out now.
It was time consuming, but satisfying, and I will probably do the ME on my own with these products. I really can't afford to spend the money on a professional job or ppl film after I have spent this much on the car, and there is a "do it yourself" satisfaction you can get from the work.
I did not buy a polisher and do that step in the process but I may consider that too for the ME.
I HIGHLY suggest before you do the power polisher thing, see if there is a local detailer that can give you a lesson it. Otherwise you could seriously screw up your paint. Just a suggestion.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
40 is the new 20 and 20 is the new newborn. Strange days.
I soooo agree. At 64 I feel the same but better. My soon to be 18 year old daughter who is a professional hip hop dancer since she was 11 has told me MANY times that she knows parents who are in their 40's who act like they are 80. As she would say age is irrelevant. How you act and how you feel is what matters. She said that way too many adults become so serious that it becomes tunnel vision. they lose the ability to dream. I believe her. In a way the MME is a dream. It has plenty of get up and go but is 4 doors and is a family car. At the same time it is green which means that we are helping to provide a safe world for generations to come. Who would have thought that being a dreamer can actually help save the planet?? If I was told this 20 years ago I would have thought the person was insane and had no idea what they were talking about.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I HIGHLY suggest before you do the power polisher thing, see if there is a local detailer that can give you a lesson it. Otherwise you could seriously screw up your paint. Just a suggestion.
Agree. Part of the reason I decided not to go that far. Power anything can be destructive if not used properly.

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I'm new to this too Mark. I watched their videos, and their stuff is also available on Amazon (chemical guys). I also watched Pan the organizer videos. Lots of good stuff. I decided just to go to AutoZone, buy the supplies for doing a two bucket wash and clay bar detail that they had on the shelf and order the Gold Eagle Graphene to try out on my two current cars. They turned out really great, and there are even more great products out now.
It was time consuming, but satisfying, and I will probably do the ME on my own with these products. I really can't afford to spend the money on a professional job or ppl film after I have spent this much on the car, and there is a "do it yourself" satisfaction you can get from the work.
I did not buy a polisher and do that step in the process but I may consider that too for the ME.
I actually find the dual-action orbiter to be very good. And since it's an accessory for a power drill its not a large investment. https://www.meguiars.com/da-power-system

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
@eastern refugee You should refer friends or share your referral link ;)
https://www.chemicalguys.com/refer_friendbuy.html?
Thanks...honestly I had no idea that that existed. I use them because honestly they are cheap and they are far better than the usual suspects of Meguires or Mothers. I also like that they have videos showing you how to use their products. If your city has a Chemical Guys detailing store they offer classes on the weekends. Before Covid i was going to take the power buffer one but them covid put them out of business.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
@eastern refugee You should refer friends or share your referral link ;)
https://www.chemicalguys.com/refer_friendbuy.html?
my email is [email protected] if you happen to use them. Honestly I only recommend them because I have used everything form the inexpensive to the insane like Zymol. I have found over the years that this one seems to keep the same products and the ease of use. Theo others are ever changing and inconsistent. Zymol is in the insane category in terms of costs and in all honestly it does not perform any better than the normal choices. Their difference is that it is 100% natural and so you apply it with your bare hand. Sounds great and works fine but you have to be rich to afford it and it has to be done weekly

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Not interested in power anything short of a foam gun. I figure I can do that without getting into trouble!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The two reds share similar hues, somewhere between red and burgundy. But the Mazda Soul Red Crystal is still unmatched in my opinion. Their Deep Crystal Blue Mica is also stunning.
Cool. I have always wondered how the colors would compare when parked side by side. I've seen them both around town separately but never together next to each other.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
The two reds share similar hues, somewhere between red and burgundy. But the Mazda Soul Red Crystal is still unmatched in my opinion. Their Deep Crystal Blue Mica is also stunning.
Mazda red is hard to beat!

PXL_20201223_204012923.jpg
Sponsored