Suyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Disclaimer: My PoV does not represent Ford Motor Company. It is a purely technical discussion among friends/fans.

3.35.2 hotfix is out for the public. We double and triple-checked.
1. You are at 3.35, if you already redelivered the key to fix the 3.35 issue, 3.35.2 will NOT break Paak.
2. You are at 3.35, if you has NOT redelivered the key to fix the 3.35 issue, you still must redeliver the key in 3.35.2 hotfix.
3. You are at 3.34, not upgraded to 3.35 ever, 3.34 -> 3.35.2 will NOT break Paak.

If you must redeliver the key somehow, sometimes a phone reboot afterward will help establish the Bluetooth connection.

So I believe you can turn on the auto-update now. Of course, many of you have probably been hurt so bad this time and won't opt-in auto-update. It is understandable and we are so sorry.

Thank you so much again for voicing your issues. We will be listening.
Sponsored

dsuyang

First Name
Suyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've been assuming that all I need to do is sign out of FordPass and sign back in.

I was hoping @dsuyang was going to use terms we understand as users instead of "redeliver," so that none of us have to make assumptions about how to access our vehicles.

Anyhoo, I'll give it a try in a little bit and let you know.
Haha, I wasn't aware. Sorry I used the jargon, but we have been spoken `deliver` or `redeliver` the keys among Paak team for years. :cool:

Deliver Key: Password confirmation -> Download A Key -> Bluetooth Pairing
Redeliver Key: Remove the key from the key list -> Deliver Key.

How do you guys describe the `deliver` and `redeliver` process? I will learn.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Haha, I wasn't aware. Sorry I used the jargon, but we have been spoken `deliver` or `redeliver` the keys among Paak team for years. :cool:

So basically as we assumed it means you have to re setup PaaK and there's no magical redelivery process.

Thank you for confirming.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Are these the shortest steps, Suyang?

Deliver:
  1. Sign in to the FordPass app. If already signed in, sign out first.

Redeliver:

ENSURE YOUR KEY FOB IS WITH YOU BEFORE BEGINNING THIS PROCESS.

1. Sit in the vehicle and turn it on. Remain in Park.
  2. Open FordPass.
  3. Go to Vehicle > Features & Settings > Paak Key Settings
  4. Delete the individual key that you will be recreating. Confirm deletion. Your backup start code is also removed.
  5. Go to the Home page in FordPass.
  6. Tap the link for setting up Phone as a Key and follow the steps, including pairing the phone to the vehicle.
  7. Turn off the vehicle. Step out and close the door.
  8. Check the FordPass app's Home page to see if PaaK is connected. It will say "Bluetooth Connected" below the Unlock, Start, and Lock buttons. If not connected, try restarting your phone and checking again.
  9. Reenter the vehicle and turn it on.
  10. Wait for the prompt on the vehicle's SYNC display to setup a backup start code.
  11. Follow the on-screen instructions for setting up a backup start code. You MUST have your key fob with you to complete this process.
  12. The vehicle will prompt to setup a door code.
  13. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup a door code.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hey @dsuyang, I know there's a lot of frustration posted on here about PaaK, especially with this recent issue. Many have commented about how they don't trust it or lost faith in it and Ford.

I want you to know that you coming on here and openly talking about the issue and providing updates is an example of how to rebuild that trust and should be applauded. If commenting here gets you in any trouble, you have a whole host of people here who have your back.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
@macchiaz-o I think you're a bit confused about the delivery. He's clearly describing the PaaK setup process. This includes validating your password, downloading the key and then connecting to Bluetooth. Logging in and out doesn't do anything.

Redelivery is simply removing PaaK and then setting it up anew as described in delivery.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
How do you guys describe the `deliver` and `redeliver` process? I will learn
Deliver = setup PaaK
Redeliver = reset PaaK and setup anew.

I think the reason for this is because in the FP app it says "setup phone as a key". It doesn't say "deliver a key"

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
@macchiaz-o I think you're a bit confused about the delivery. He's clearly describing the PaaK setup process. This includes validating your password, downloading the key and then connecting to Bluetooth. Logging in and out doesn't do anything.

Redelivery is simply removing PaaK and then setting it up anew as described in delivery.
Why wouldn't logging out remove my key, requiring key download upon logging in? The app messaging implies that it temporarily removes my PaaK access. Wouldn't it then be downloaded upon logging in?

If so, this is far simpler than "redelivering" a key, if it is true that redelivery requires deleting it first.

Ford Mustang Mach-E PSA - DO NOT UPDATE to 3.35.0 on Android if using PaaK without a FOB Screenshot_20211125-164337

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Why wouldn't logging out remove my key, requiring key download upon logging in? The app messaging implies that it temporarily removes my PaaK access. Wouldn't it then be downloaded upon logging in?

If so, this is far simpler than "redelivering" a key, if it is true that redelivery requires deleting it first.

Screenshot_20211125-164337.png
If you cleared the cache or uninstalled the app it would likely invalidate the key by removal and logging in shouldn't download the key again without setup of PaaK anew.

Logging out will remove the functionality but if it's still stored in cache it will become active when logging in unless the app is removed. This wouldn't constitute redelivery it's just reactivation of the existing key.

I'm not home with the car so I can't test that.

@dsuyang could you confirm my statement above as true or false.

Last edited:

dsuyang

First Name
Suyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Deliver = setup PaaK
Redeliver = reset PaaK and setup anew.

I think the reason for this is because in the FP app it says "setup phone as a key". It doesn't say "deliver a key"
Totally make sense! Apparently I know Paak so well that I never read those instruction words myself. :p Those are written by copyrigher.

So I can confirm
deliver = Setup Paak

redeliver =
delete the key from the key list ( FordPass Vehicle Tab -> Features & Settings -> Paak Key Settings)
+ Setup Paak

dsuyang

First Name
Suyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If you cleared the cache or uninstalled the app it would likely invalidate the key by removal and logging in shouldn't download the key again without setup of PaaK anew.

Logging out will remove the functionality but if it's still stored in cache it will become active when logging in unless the app is removed. This wouldn't constitute redelivery it's just reactivation of the existing key.

I'm not home with the car so I can't test that.
I can confirm

Redeliver (re-setup) Paak does not require logout. Logout will not help.
In the process of setup Paak, you will be asked to verify your password again for security reasons. But that is not logout and then login.

What happens to your key when you logout (assuming you don't delete them)?
-> Hibernate the key in very secure storage.
What happens to your key when you re-login?
-> Reinstate the hibernated key and re-enable it so that you don't have to re-setup Paak.

However, if you delete FordPass or clear the storage of the FordPass, you will inevitably lose your key. If you want to delete FordPass, we recommend first deleting the key (FordPass Vehicle Tab -> Features & Settings -> Paak Key Settings) and then deleting the app. Otherwise, it would confuse the Paak system in the Mache vehicle.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I can confirm

Redeliver (re-setup) Paak does not require logout. Logout will not help.
In the process of setup Paak, you will be asked to verify your password again for security reasons. But that is not logout and then login.

What happens to your key when you logout (assuming you don't delete them)?
-> Hibernate the key in very secure storage.
What happens to your key when you re-login?
-> Reinstate the hibernated key and re-enable it so that you don't have to re-setup Paak.

However, if you delete FordPass or clear the storage of the FordPass, you will inevitably lose your key. If you want to delete FordPass, we recommend first deleting the key (FordPass Vehicle Tab -> Features & Settings -> Paak Key Settings) and then deleting the app. Otherwise, it would confuse the Paak system in the Mache vehicle.
Thank you very much for confirming. @macchiaz-o that should clear it up. I was just going on my years in software development and what is typically done. Of course not at all trying to argue with you I just don't want everyone to be confused. It's sometimes hard to get clarity when everyone is going multiple directions with ideas.

Thank you everyone and especially dsuyang for all the help. Have a great Thanksgiving y'all

dsuyang

First Name
Suyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hey @dsuyang, I know there's a lot of frustration posted on here about PaaK, especially with this recent issue. Many have commented about how they don't trust it or lost faith in it and Ford.

I want you to know that you coming on here and openly talking about the issue and providing updates is an example of how to rebuild that trust and should be applauded. If commenting here gets you in any trouble, you have a whole host of people here who have your back.

Thank you so much!!! This forum saved my ass when I was on a road trip to the up-north of Michigan in Oct.

My family was stuck in the city of Cadilac because we couldn't unplug the cable. My wife and I struggled for 15 mins before searching the forum and found the solution (lift the cable to lower the dragging weight on the latch pin).

I was so grateful, and I hope to share my knowledge with all the fans here to help them out where I can. Just like you guys, I am a Mache customer who is figuring myself out from time to time. ?

Thank you for your guys' support!

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

I obviously can't speak for everyone, but since I started this thread I think I should comment on this. Even in another thread someone said about me that they were amazed that I'm still helping others even after being stranded.

Some of us are in the software industry, actually a lot of us... We understand that sh*t happens. While it can be frustrating most of us aren't wired to give up. We learn, adapt and do things differently for sure. In the end we love helping people, we love coming here to share our knowledge and we only want the best for the MME.

Last edited:

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT (Star White Metallic)
Country flag
I obviously can't speak for everyone, but since I started this thread I think I should comment on this. Even in another thread someone said about me that they were amazed that I'm still helping others even after being stranded.

Some of us are in the software industry, actually a lot of us... We understand that sh*t happens. While it can be frustrating most of us aren't wired to give up. We learn, adapt and do things differently for sure. In the end we love helping people, we love coming here to share our knowledge and we only want the best for the MME.
You gave the "in a nutshell" description of precisely why I love working in IT. There's always something new to learn that can possibly be shared to help other folks out!

My "hat" is off to you for posting this thread and being a continued presence in it to help others. Thanks for being a positive influence here. It makes new owners like myself happy to have found a good community to visit (and maybe even contribute to, myself, sometime soon).
Sponsored