PSA: Masking your VIN number in palsapp screenshots..

photocyclist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Doesn't work if you don't mask the Freight Bill #. When you use the FB# as a lookup, you get the VIN.

Better to mask both if you don't want anyone honking your horn in the middle of the night! (j/k - i don't know that anyone could actually do .. brb my car alarm is going off..)
Sponsored

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I mean in the grand scheme of things VINs are not privileged or secret. Dealers post them on the listings on their websites, they're easy to guess, and they're publicly viewable on your car. Can't really do anything with it against the car or owner's account

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
If people can get access to the ford app, and control features of the car with just the VIN number that is a huge security concern. Hopefully this is not the case.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If people can get access to the ford app, and control features of the car with just the VIN number that is a huge security concern. Hopefully this is not the case.
It’s not.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I mean in the grand scheme of things VINs are not privileged or secret. Dealers post them on the listings on their websites, they're easy to guess, and they're publicly viewable on your car. Can't really do anything with it against the car or owner's account
I think the same thing every time I see someone masking their VIN. This isn't privildged information and if you walk up to a car you can see it on the dash. The Ford Pass app requires someone inside the car to acknowledge a request and if it's already tied to account, it can't be tied to a second account without removing it from the first.
Sponsored