Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The first dialog is expected as the P7 is brand new and calibration is not likely to have been performed. That being said, it should have no bearing on downloading the encryption key. Can you send me the account name you were using @DevSecOps ? I'll have someone look up the failure reason for you so we can get this resolved.
Interesting, I assume that means you're looking at the signal strength and timing differences of each phone model? That probably means you may experience PAAK dropouts or oddities after buying a newly-released phone until the Ford engineers can calibrate its Bluetooth characteristics.
Sponsored

p-zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E4X
Country flag
I can download the encryption key, but the pairing step fails. So that's nice.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I can download the encryption key, but the pairing step fails. So that's nice.
Reset PaaK in the car before attempting to pair and that should fix it

Maxwells4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select RWD + CTP, IBSM
Country flag
(sorry if this is a slight thread hijack... feel free to ignore me). I set up PaaK with my Pixel 6a, and got the warning about "limited support for this device" but I was able to complete setup successfully and it seems to be working ok. But it did make me wonder what "limited support" is supposed to mean. The 6a really isn't that new of a phone at this point.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Interesting, I assume that means you're looking at the signal strength and timing differences of each phone model? That probably means you may experience PAAK dropouts or oddities after buying a newly-released phone until the Ford engineers can calibrate its Bluetooth characteristics.
this is why I don't like the Apples to apples comparisons between brand T and Ford PAAK, brand T is clearly calibrated to be less sensitive to dropouts while Ford actually cares if your phone is still connected

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I am stuck without PaaK on my Pixel 7 Pro. I have phone completely updated and car is updated. I did a Reset All under FordPass Connect Reset in the car. Do I need to do a Master Reset under the overall Reset menu?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I am stuck without PaaK on my Pixel 7 Pro. I have phone completely updated and car is updated. I did a Reset All under FordPass Connect Reset in the car. Do I need to do a Master Reset under the overall Reset menu?
Normally when something is broken and you're looking for help, it's beneficial if you describe the problem rather than just complain.

There's multiple people who have setup PaaK with a P7P and the MME, including myself. As long as you have the latest update and reset the car it should work, but without a "problem" being described I don't know what to tell you.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Normally when something is broken and you're looking for help, it's beneficial if you describe the problem rather than just complain.

There's multiple people who have setup PaaK with a P7P and the MME, including myself. As long as you have the latest update and reset the car it should work, but without a "problem" being described I don't know what to tell you.
Fair. It gets to the part where it copies the code and waits for the car. Just sits there waiting, presumably for the car to do something. Here is what the phone notifications say:
Ford Mustang Mach-E [PSA] - PaaK and Pixel 7 / Pro Screenshot_20221015-083748~2

No issues with the normal Bluetooth connection.

Edit: forgot to mention that it just eventually times out.

Edit 2: I got some kind of DC fast charge update (22-PUO603-DC-CHG) right before I tried to setup PaaK on the Pixel 7 Pro. And looking now at the car's update info it states I got some PaaK update too (Customer Satisfaction Program 21B36).

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Fair. It gets to the part where it copies the code and waits for the car. Just sits there waiting, presumably for the car to do something. Here is what the phone notifications say:
Ford Mustang Mach-E [PSA] - PaaK and Pixel 7 / Pro Screenshot_20221015-083748~2

No issues with the normal Bluetooth connection.

Edit: forgot to mention that it just eventually times out.

Edit 2: I got some kind of DC fast charge update (22-PUO603-DC-CHG) right before I tried to setup PaaK on the Pixel 7 Pro. And looking now at the car's update info it states I got some PaaK update too (Customer Satisfaction Program 21B36).
Ok so just to cover the basics. You must have a key fob with you and the car must be turned on to accessory mode at the very least.

Remove any bluetooth connections that you don't recognize from the phone. There could be some straglers that will discombobulate things.

When the phone prompts to allow the bluetooth connections, which there should be about 3 of, accept them all. Only 1 of them will require the copied code.

If all else fails, reset PaaK in the car one more time and try again.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Ok so just to cover the basics. You must have a key fob with you and the car must be turned on to accessory mode at the very least.
I've tried fob just in the car and in the special spot in the center cubby. And tried both accessory and full on.

Remove any bluetooth connections that you don't recognize from the phone. There could be some straglers that will discombobulate things.
I only have the Mach-E normal BT connection and 2 Pixel Stands. I've also tried without the Mach-E connection remembered. I suppose I could delete even the Pixel Stands.

When the phone prompts to allow the bluetooth connections, which there should be about 3 of, accept them all. Only 1 of them will require the copied code.
I never get these now. I got 1 or 2 the first time I did this. But nothing on subsequent attempts. None of the attempts has resulted in it working. I did delete a BT connection that was like a MAC address from the first attempt.

If all else fails, reset PaaK in the car one more time and try again.
Odd that the PaaK reset line itself is grayed out, so I did the Reset All instead. Only thing I haven't tried is the upper level Master Reset.

Thanks for trying to help!

viche12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Prem RWD SR
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I got my Pixel 7 Pro over the weekend and successfully set up PaaK without having to reset anything from the car. I did, however, remove my old phone (Pixel 4 XL) from the PaaK settings inside the FordPass app.

Unfortunately, it seems I lost walk-away lock functionality. Today, I made several grocery runs, and the car failed to lock itself every time I would walk far away. Even when I was inside the store, FordPass claimed to still be connected to the car via Bluetooth, which doesn't seem possible.

For a moment, I considered doing a PaaK reset from the car as mentioned earlier, but I'm not sure this will fix the issue, especially after witnessing this weird Bluetooth behavior from my phone.

@DevSecOps and others with a P7, is walk-away lock still working for you?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I got my Pixel 7 Pro over the weekend and successfully set up PaaK without having to reset anything from the car. I did, however, remove my old phone (Pixel 4 XL) from the PaaK settings inside the FordPass app.

Unfortunately, it seems I lost walk-away lock functionality. Today, I made several grocery runs, and the car failed to lock itself every time I would walk far away. Even when I was inside the store, FordPass claimed to still be connected to the car via Bluetooth, which doesn't seem possible.

For a moment, I considered doing a PaaK reset from the car as mentioned earlier, but I'm not sure this will fix the issue, especially after witnessing this weird Bluetooth behavior from my phone.

@DevSecOps and others with a P7, is walk-away lock still working for you?
Not sure on the walk away lock, as I haven't been paying full attention on my car, but...

I also got the P7P this weekend and noticed that in addition to setting up PaaK, I had to separately reset two other items: my door pin code, and the association of my phone to my driver profile. Not sure why. But maybe you also need to associate your phone to your profile for your walk away lock to work again?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I never get these now. I got 1 or 2 the first time I did this. But nothing on subsequent attempts. None of the attempts has resulted in it working. I did delete a BT connection that was like a MAC address from the first attempt.
The one that looks like a Bluetooth address (no name provided) is probably PaaK. For my vehicle, it starts with F8:8A.

The audio/phone connection starts with 28:38, and maybe as of Power-Up 3.x, it's sending its name as "Jonathan's Mustang" and it shows a Ford logo. When I paired the Pixel 6 a year ago, with older vehicle software, it was a more generic name and no Ford logo.

I had no trouble pairing the phone for regular audio/phone stuff. But the first time I tried pairing for phone as a key, I didn't get the normal pairing pop ups on the phone.

Then I used SYNC to disconnect from Android Auto and tried again... And it worked. I got the three or so bluetooth pairing request pop ups on the phone, like @DevSecOps described, with one of them prompting for a password.
Sponsored