PSA: PECO Now Offering Time of Use Pricing!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
For those in the PECO (Philadelphia area) service area, I just received the following:

EV Owners May Be Able to Save
With Time-Of-Use Pricing!
PECO customers with an electric vehicle (EV) -- you may save when you shift your energy use to times when electricity is less in demand! Time-Of-Use (TOU) pricing is designed for customers with an EV who are savvy about how they use energy and care about the environment, too.

Time-Of-Use pricing offers three pricing periods. When you participate, you pay a lower price for electricity when you shift your energy usage away from peak-usage times.
Bc163756e-4986-4988-83f7-06a8ccead28c%7D_TOU_chart.png
SAVINGS CAN REALLY ADD UP WITH TIME-OF-USE PRICING!

If you’re able to make changes, like charging your vehicle overnight, you can realize savings on your energy bill. If you can shift your energy use, you can save!

Time-Of-Use doesn’t just apply to your EV charging. Several other changes you can make to your routine like running your appliances overnight can help you save. When you shift your usage to off-peak hours, you may lessen the need for the use of less-efficient and less-environmentally-friendly power plants to meet daytime peak demand.

Shifting energy use is good for you, good for future generations, and good for the environment.
Sponsored

Engelbert

First Name
Engelbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium XR AWD
Country flag
I recently switched over to PECO time-of-use pricing, and now pay a generation-only rate of between $0.03-0.05/kWh most of the time.

That price skyrockets between the hours of 2-6pm on M-F, but it is easy to schedule various appliances, the hot tub, and of course EV charging to avoid those hours. Charging freely for "only" 20 hours per weekday (no restrictions on weekend days) is plenty.

Kudos to @Jimrpa, as I had no idea this was available in the Philadelphia area until seeing the post above. ?