Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
That was the first thing I did? I soaked peppermint tea bags in peppermint essential oils and put that in a dish in the frunk, I think the little bugger is right up under the dash. I have also let the car sit in the sun, this is Washington though - so we are just hitting the 70s here. and it wont last... I test the solution by sitting quietly in the car and I heard it again this morning... Dealership says they are booked until May - I may have to start taking off the Frunk covers myself... I have the kit - I removed the dividers and have the beauty button kit... I am thinking about getting one of those sonic rodent repellers, but I am not sure if they work or not... all kinds of mouse traps in the garage just waiting for him to come out - but no joy so far...
I would do that plus I would call someone out to at the very least set some traps up for you.
Right before I got my Mach E a rat ate threw the main wiring harness on my Crosstour. The Fing rat did 4 grand of damage to my car. I was lucky the Mach E was coming in soon as I was able to rush to sell the car before it hit the car fax but still I had to get insurance involved to repair my old car to save the resell value of it.

Now there are traps in my garage, along with my exterminator set out some poison for them to kill the POS. This along with being much more willing to let my dog come out to the garage with me as if she sees/ smells something she will go nuts trying to catch it. I am using my dog more as a detection measure now. Also after paying for the repairs I learn this area has been known to get rodent problems. The cold snap just made it worse.

I did ask about the sonic devices and turns out they do not do much of anything at all. They quickly get used to them and just comply ignore them.
Sponsored

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
you might be able just to drive to the dealer and get them to fit you in under the circumstances. if they have a "Quick Lane" even better.
Maybe the dealer can 'squeak' you in?

Sorry, couldn't help myself... LOL

ComputeAllTheThings

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
I opened the front trunk this evening for the first time in about two weeks. A mouse has chewed holes in a moving blanket that was stored in there, and left little droppings. I put down some poison (only thing handy), and will set out traps tomorrow. Unexpected, and definitely not cool.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I found a really handy spot to hang one of those peppermint bags in the Frunk compartment right under the upper cover.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Squirrels. In NJ I set up a catch and kill (kidding. We wouldn't want to harm the little critters) cage trap in the roof between the garage and the house. In 22 years I caught 80+. I stopped counting at 80. At first I took them across 2 highways to be sure they wouldn't come back. Later I employed other, faster metho..... I owned an ICE car.

They follow scents of other squirrels to either mate or steal food.

I finally had to take a tree down.

Now in NC I set mouse traps in the garage. Not one in 12 years. We have a wild cat family nearby. We had a bunny rabbit family too.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I opened the front trunk this evening for the first time in about two weeks. A mouse has chewed holes in a moving blanket that was stored in there, and left little droppings. I put down some poison (only thing handy), and will set out traps tomorrow. Unexpected, and definitely not cool.
HOW did it get IN there?

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
FWIW, it is a problem in all makes of vehicles, even Ford, enough so that Consumer Reports did an article on how to control it. Might get some ideas.

How to Protect Your Car From Rodents

CR offers clever solutions to critters nibbling at your wires
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-maintenance/how-to-protect-your-car-from-rodents/

Ford trucks below.

I have a 2018 Ford F150 King Ranch with an off-road package with the max tow package. I love the truck, smooth ride, and a great tow vehicle. No problems so far. I had 2015 that was OK. The only problem I had with the 15 was the mice ate the wiring and after it was fixed never ran the same again. I build a detached garage for this one because my attached garage was too small to park the truck inside.
Took my truck in for a high coolant temp message thinking it was a bad sensor......rodents ate my wiring harness up.....$3000 to repair. Merry f-ing Chrsitmas!

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Ford Mustang Mach-E PSA: Watch for vermin. Rats - Mice - Squirrels 86DC9161-2B6F-45A0-AC5C-7C00FD47A649

We have had trouble with "stone marters" and "anti Marterspray" worked...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’ll soon find out how it holds up to cicadas. They’re everywhere!
Ford Mustang Mach-E PSA: Watch for vermin. Rats - Mice - Squirrels A7A89D9E-E630-4C76-BAEF-AB3EB17536AE

Ford Mustang Mach-E PSA: Watch for vermin. Rats - Mice - Squirrels C15F67C6-DC5C-468F-8D47-4DE0C5B2FA54

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
OMG - I just searched mouse in the forum because I believe I have a friend in my Mach E!!! Or not so much of a friend!! Calling Dealer now... X@$D^S&F!!!
HI everyone,
Just an update - I took the car to the dealership (awhile ago now) and they took took it apart up to the dash (meaning they stopped before opening up the dash). The engine compartment and surrounding areas are completely clean with no evidence of rodent damage - cost for Inspection ~$400 (I don't remember the exact number). The mechanic was convinced that there was no rodent in there ever - the service manager said she sat in my car alone for a long time reading emails and didn't hear a thing. So I am hoping that the little noises that I am still hearing are things in the car shifting and not a mouse way up in my dash. I have noticed that the noise is in exactly the same spot every time - so maybe I was wrong. My husband is not convinced... We have so many traps and bait stations in the garage now that my proximity alert sound every time I pull in ?

Does anybody else notice the car shutting down and making noises near the driver side door and dashboard? I am wondering - because the car makes noise when I walk up - it's waking up noises, powering up to light up the door and the seats and mirrors moving etc... I am wondering if the noises I hear are the shutting down noises. I am literally starting a timing log - if I find a pattern I am going to chalk this up to mechanical activity in the car...

PS. They quoted to take out the dash (to keep looking) said it would be $3000 mostly hours and they would have to take out the front seats (those one use bolts:eek:). I said I would take it back and let them know if I thought it was needed.
Sponsored