First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Does anybody else notice the car shutting down and making noises near the driver side door and dashboard? I am wondering - because the car makes noise when I walk up - it's waking up noises, powering up to light up the door and the seats and mirrors moving etc... I am wondering if the noises I hear are the shutting down noises. I am literally starting a timing log - if I find a pattern I am going to chalk this up to mechanical activity in the car...
There are various relays in the car that are clicking and clacking regularly. Even while the car is off. Especially if you walk by the car while it's off. Even if you don't have any phone or key on you!

If you're able to upload a video or sound file of the sounds you're hearing, I'll let you know if it's the same sort of thing I'm hearing. But yeah, I think that the relay noises are just normal activity for the Mach-E with its current software and design.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
There are various relays in the car that are clicking and clacking regularly. Even while the car is off. Especially if you walk by the car while it's off. Even if you don't have any phone or key on you!

If you're able to upload a video or sound file of the sounds you're hearing, I'll let you know if it's the same sort of thing I'm hearing. But yeah, I think that the relay noises are just normal activity for the Mach-E with its current software and design.
Will do - I have been timing the noise that I was CONVINCED ? was a mouse, and I am finding it is made approximately 13-14 mins after I shut down the vehicle. I could totally record it without burning a ton of memory. When I park, I manually shut down the stereo (at first it was to convince the mouse the car was no longer occupied ?), sit quietly and wait for around 15 minutes. In fact the first few times I heard it was because I was in the classic COVID-19 protocol, waiting in my car for a call to come inside to an appointment. OK, back to the validation exercise, what I NOW believe is the relay locking the charge point access door sounds off right around 13-14 minutes after the car shuts down. I say that because when I did this in my driveway I also got the "GLMDRNG is at Home, you may want to plug in now" message just before I heard the noise. So I am thinking that the car may lock itself after you depart but it leaves the charge point door unlocked for about 10 minutes to let you fiddle around and get around to plugging in the car...

Mostly I am just embarrassed that I thought it was a mouse and paid the dealer $$ to check it out...

Ford Mustang Mach-E PSA: Watch for vermin. Rats - Mice - Squirrels 1622505860153

"F@#$%NG Embarrassing!"

Mach80MME

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition/MME on Order
Country flag
Visited my brother recently who lives just outside a major AZ city in a acre lot home area. I can't vouch for the effectiveness, but driving down his street at night, every vehicle had LED rope lights blazing underneath. I thought it was some weird desert holiday display. He said they'd had thousands of damage on 1 car and other neighbors the same. He's live there for 20+ years, not sure if a packrat invasion took place or a new wire recipe.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Visited my brother recently who lives just outside a major AZ city in a acre lot home area. I can't vouch for the effectiveness, but driving down his street at night, every vehicle had LED rope lights blazing underneath. I thought it was some weird desert holiday display. He said they'd had thousands of damage on 1 car and other neighbors the same. He's live there for 20+ years, not sure if a packrat invasion took place or a new wire recipe.
So having bright lights under the car keeps out vermin? Interesting!

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Have had bounce sheets in the frunk for a while now. ;)
I had some of those natural mouse deterrent mint and hickory sachets in the frunk, I took them out when I put my emergency kits back in - LOL there are still some in the frame...

I think this is a relay noise now - still need to video it - I will try to get to that this weekend. But certainly I am keeping up with the anti-vermin protocol - just in case!

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My F150 had the engine air filter eaten thru and mice and filter sucked into the turbos. $6000 later I got the truck back. built new screens for filter and air intakes. Added an electronic rodent protector and peppermint spray.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang
Country flag
yup had this happen to a tesla recently. Was parked in the garage for a few months and the autopoliot wouldn't work. Took it in and they found a whole pile of leaves,sticks etc... just behind the front bumper blocking the sensors.

Hopefully, no wires were chewed up. Fingers crossed haven't received any other warning yet.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
This is my solution for (douglas) squirrels. I caught and relocated 10 of them last year. I also caught 2 rats, which were put in a box with starter fluid (ether) sprayed in them. The squirrels I take at least a couple of miles away, so far this year I have seen very few squirrels, none seem to be living in my yard, just visiting. We got rid of our defunct hot tub this spring, I found 2 squirrel nests under it. For mice I use old style wooden traps, we had some in our garage for a while until I discovered a bag of bird seed that had spewed seeds in the garage.

Ford Mustang Mach-E PSA: Watch for vermin. Rats - Mice - Squirrels 1623434197219

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
This is my solution for (douglas) squirrels. I caught and relocated 10 of them last year. I also caught 2 rats, which were put in a box with starter fluid (ether) sprayed in them. The squirrels I take at least a couple of miles away, so far this year I have seen very few squirrels, none seem to be living in my yard, just visiting. We got rid of our defunct hot tub this spring, I found 2 squirrel nests under it. For mice I use old style wooden traps, we had some in our garage for a while until I discovered a bag of bird seed that had spewed seeds in the garage.

Ford Mustang Mach-E PSA: Watch for vermin. Rats - Mice - Squirrels 3D7A6BD5-C78D-4FE2-A522-DC86B35A6B70
We did the same until they put signs up in our neighborhood that they had found the plague in some squirrels and prairie dogs. That, and a bear climbed up the stairs to my deck at 2:00 last September. Now, we have a service that is keeping them and bugs away. Don't get me started on the raccoons and our neighbor who feeds them....

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
We have a 121 Jigawatt battery at our disposal. Sooner or later someone is going to market a rodent zapper.

Oh... I forgot. We shouldn't harm the little critters now, should we?

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Zinmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
HI everyone,
Just an update - I took the car to the dealership (awhile ago now) and they took took it apart up to the dash (meaning they stopped before opening up the dash). The engine compartment and surrounding areas are completely clean with no evidence of rodent damage - cost for Inspection ~$400 (I don't remember the exact number). The mechanic was convinced that there was no rodent in there ever - the service manager said she sat in my car alone for a long time reading emails and didn't hear a thing. So I am hoping that the little noises that I am still hearing are things in the car shifting and not a mouse way up in my dash. I have noticed that the noise is in exactly the same spot every time - so maybe I was wrong. My husband is not convinced... We have so many traps and bait stations in the garage now that my proximity alert sound every time I pull in ?

Does anybody else notice the car shutting down and making noises near the driver side door and dashboard? I am wondering - because the car makes noise when I walk up - it's waking up noises, powering up to light up the door and the seats and mirrors moving etc... I am wondering if the noises I hear are the shutting down noises. I am literally starting a timing log - if I find a pattern I am going to chalk this up to mechanical activity in the car...

PS. They quoted to take out the dash (to keep looking) said it would be $3000 mostly hours and they would have to take out the front seats (those one use bolts:eek:). I said I would take it back and let them know if I thought it was needed.
I have the same issue. I keep hearing sounds like if a mouse is running on the roof of the car lol. I hear it sometimea when im sitting in the car during lunch at work. When i come out the car i dont see anything.That's why I was searching to see if anyone eles heard the same sounds.
Sponsored