selstam

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Country flag
Tesla has a more or less open API for status checks of your car. Mainly for themselves, of course, but also for enthusiasts like me. My Volvo also has an API where I can check the status of my car, get mileage and do other stuff.

Is there an API from Ford that can be used in a similar way? I would love to have the stats of my car; battery charge, range, locked/unlocked etc. on my home automation screen we use in the living room.

Anyone heard anything about this?

And of course I should always Google my own questions before asking them ... I found this, https://developer.ford.com/fordconnect ... Is this open to the public and will my MME information be available as well?
Sponsored

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Was the Tesla API open from launch? Probably not so will take time I would guess.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
as I've said on here before, the MyFord Mobile API, while not documented, isn't particularly complicated... I expect that to be true here as well. I fully expect we'll see third-party apps of some sort.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
as I've said on here before, the MyFord Mobile API, while not documented, isn't particularly complicated... I expect that to be true here as well. I fully expect we'll see third-party apps of some sort.
Indeed I was bored once and wrote a simple PC app to pull back Focus Electric info...

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Indeed I was bored once and wrote a simple PC app to pull back Focus Electric info...
Tesla’s api is pretty much reverse engineered. It’s def not open source. from what I can tell the Ford API is still unreleased and only contains a few things that are already in fordpass

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Tesla has a more or less open API for status checks of your car. Mainly for themselves, of course, but also for enthusiasts like me. My Volvo also has an API where I can check the status of my car, get mileage and do other stuff.

Is there an API from Ford that can be used in a similar way? I would love to have the stats of my car; battery charge, range, locked/unlocked etc. on my home automation screen we use in the living room.

Anyone heard anything about this?

And of course I should always Google my own questions before asking them ... I found this, https://developer.ford.com/fordconnect ... Is this open to the public and will my MME information be available as well?
The terms and conditions look rock solid... Apps must have vehicle safety and owner PII privacy as priorities, and may not attempt to circumvent measures already taken to reduce driver distraction.

But I can't seem to successfully register for access. It looks successful, but when I'm taken to a login page asking for my username and password, I can't login. I never had a prompt to set a password and the password reset page says that I don't have a user account.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The terms and conditions look rock solid... Apps must have vehicle safety and owner PII privacy as priorities, and may not attempt to circumvent measures already taken to reduce driver distraction.

But I can't seem to successfully register for access. It looks successful, but when I'm taken to a login page asking for my username and password, I can't login. I never had a prompt to set a password and the password reset page says that I don't have a user account.
Perhaps registration takes a real person to do something. Fill in the registration and then someone reviews it and clicks 'ok' then you get an e-mail with a generated password??

Edit: It worked for me: Fill in the registration and then check your e-mail. You get a "verify e-mail" with a link "click here". Clicking the link takes you to a page to enter in your password.

I can now log in.. ;)

Cool you can see how AppLink works.

OP
OP
selstam

selstam

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Country flag
Nice, thank you all! Now all I need to do is to get the actual car!! ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Entropy512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevrolet Bolt LT
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
That Ford Connect appears to be EXACTLY the sort of thing I was asking about in my first post on these forums...

Now that time has passed and people actually have Mach-Es in their garage - has anyone successfully gotten anything from Ford?

Also...
You mean the API used by the app? Are they using some sort of API secret to restrict it to only authorized clients like GM is with their vehicle APIs (see https://github.com/q39JzrRa/GM-Vehicle-API ) , or is it a little more open?

Hmm that's a good sign that it might be a bit more open than GM's highly restricted API.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag