puddle pony not coming on any more - Powerup 2.1.0 OTA killed them [ SOLVED w 21p22 update ]

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Since PowerUp updated to include the 2.3.0 apps Notes, Sketch, Blocks I have noticed:

- the About version still shows 2.1.0, known bug I guess, but why hasn't a minor fix been pushed out OTA to fix this yet?

- puddle Pony lights never come on any more, and they used to when I was on 1.7.x... whether doors are locked or unlocked. I do have 'Welcome'=on

- FP 'pull for update' does nothing until I lock or unlock doors, and then it WILL update if there is wifi signal available. Not a huge deal, but I'd like to be able to check status of charge if I'm charging at a public station so I can go back and move my car when it's full.

===========
3/8/22 - update

I brought my MME into Dealer for Windshield recall, and they agreed to do csp 21p22 update while they had it in the shop..... They tried for several days, and FAILED to get the 21p22 update to finish. They finally updated their version of FDRS, and the updates finished..... although my PowerUp still shows v2.1.0 on the screen, apparently all the internal modules are updated now.

and...... my Pony Puddles are back 'on approach' with PAAK !
Sponsored

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Are you using PAAK to check the puddle lights, or a fob? Do you have the mirrors set to fold in when locked?

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Are you using PAAK to check the puddle lights, or a fob? Do you have the mirrors set to fold in when locked?
PAAK exclusively, and my mirrors do not fold as I have a Select with no options.

puddle lights USED to work 100% on approach, and do not after PowerUp 'update' to 2.1/2.3

Last edited:

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
2.3.0 updated the APIM and TPU modules. I don’t believe either of those have anything to do with the puddle lights.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
2.3.0 updated the APIM and TPU modules. I don’t believe either of those have anything to do with the puddle lights.

puddle pony used to light up on approach with phone in pocket, now it ONLY lights up when I unlock with Fordpass manually.

I don't know if its a bug in FP 4.10 or Powerup 2.1/2.3 or a combination causing the lack of welcome on approach.... but it is a change from the way it worked before, which is why I started this thread.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
puddle pony used to light up on approach with phone in pocket, now it ONLY lights up when I unlock with Fordpass manually.

I don't know if its a bug in FP 4.10 or Powerup 2.1/2.3 or a combination causing the lack of welcome on approach.... but it is a change from the way it worked before, which is why I started this thread.
The puddle lights should never show up when unlocked. Do you have the mirrors set to fold when locked?

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
The puddle lights should never show up when unlocked. Do you have the mirrors set to fold when locked?
I do not have folding mirrors, I have a Select w no Options.

I typically lock doors manually when I exit the vehicle; I hate the chirp with auto-lock when I walk away since I walk by my car several times a day when I go in and out of my garage for work.

unlock and puddle lights USED to (with Powerup 1.7) come on upon approach using PAAK with phone in my pocket, now they do not. unlock on approach works, but no welcome lights. puddle lights only come on when I manually hit the 'unlock button' in FordPass.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not have folding mirrors, I have a Select w no Options.
The pony puddle lights only show up when the mirrors are folded. Are you shire you don’t have this button on your drivers door?
Ford Mustang Mach-E puddle pony not coming on any more - Powerup 2.1.0 OTA killed them [ SOLVED w 21p22 update ] 8B6D0DC2-EC34-467B-B82A-DF4B49466107

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine worked three times in the last two weeks since delivery. Not sure what magic I have to do to get them to work consistently

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
The pony puddle lights only show up when the mirrors are folded. Are you shire you don’t have this button on your drivers door?

I am totally
100%
positively
SURE
that is has nothing to do with folding mirrors since my trim doesn't have folding mirrors

there are however a couple other threads I searched out reporting the same problem post 2.1/2.3 OTA such as this one:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2-1-0-ota-and-pony-lights.13274/

I would certainly hope that @Ford Motor Company has noticed this by now? I would HOPE for a quick incremental fix rolled out soon, perhaps with the vaunted 2.4.x?

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
I am totally
100%
positively
SURE
that is has nothing to do with folding mirrors since my trim doesn't have folding mirrors

there are however a couple other threads I searched out reporting the same problem post 2.1/2.3 OTA such as this one:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2-1-0-ota-and-pony-lights.13274/

I would certainly hope that @Ford Motor Company has noticed this by now? I would HOPE for a quick incremental fix rolled out soon, perhaps with the vaunted 2.4.x?
Just out of curiosity, do you store a spare key in a faraday bag in the car or nearby?

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, do you store a spare key in a faraday bag in the car or nearby?
yes

It has been in the car, in foil, for 8 mo.....
welcome lights & pony puddle worked fine on approach w PAAK up until 2.1/2.3 update.

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
The material could degrade over time or the signal may leak for whatever reason. You may want to try leaving the car with the spare key and your phone, and come back without the spare key, and see if the pony comes up. not sure if it'll work, but may be worth a try.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
The material could degrade over time or the signal may leak for whatever reason. You may want to try leaving the car with the spare key and your phone, and come back without the spare key, and see if the pony comes up. not sure if it'll work, but may be worth a try.

I moved they key (in foil) out of car... no diff
no welcome upon approach
Sponsored