Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
As far as I’ve seen a tow hitch is only a given in UK/Euro builds. I don’t recall seeing it from Ford.

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I never own a hitch on my car/SUV but plan to put one (Class 2) on my Mach E for the eBike. It may be an innocent question. Is it too difficult to put one on by U-Haul or other 3rd party to install one if there is a right hitch and screw holes on Mach E ?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

phila

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-Pace HSE, Mach E (preorder)
Country flag
No front chargers are no good when dealing with snow and cold weather as they often freeze on road trips making public charging a nightmare especially when the charging stations are unmanned as some warm water is often required.
What I think is a great idea is like Audi has done and put a charger on both sides of the car, albeit only a fast charger on one side but front left side the way the MachE has it is actually my preferred location based on how my home charger is setup.
Regarding tow hitch at the launch event here the guy did state that the tow hitch would be rated for 750kg of towing which equals 1650 lbs. Unsure if both the AWD and the RWD will have this rating though.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
No front chargers are no good when dealing with snow and cold weather as they often freeze on road trips making public charging a nightmare especially when the charging stations are unmanned as some warm water is often required.
What I think is a great idea is like Audi has done and put a charger on both sides of the car, albeit only a fast charger on one side but front left side the way the MachE has it is actually my preferred location based on how my home charger is setup.
Do you mean the charge port door freezes up on the car?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
........ front left side the way the MachE has it is actually my preferred location based on how my home charger is setup.
Ford studied a variety of locations and determined front and left rear of the vehicles are the most likely to sustain collision damage so placing a charge point in either of those locations is asking for trouble. Front left side fender is the safest location and that is why Ford placed it there on all their plug in models.

Is Ford making any right hand drive variants of their plug in vehicles? If so, did they move the charge point to the right fender? ????

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford studied a variety of locations and determined front and left rear of the vehicles are the most likely to sustain collision damage so placing a charge point in either of those locations is asking for trouble. Front left side fender is the safest location and that is why Ford placed it there on all their plug in models.

Is Ford making any right hand drive variants of their plug in vehicles? If so, did they move the charge point to the right fender? ????
Yes. They are making right-hand drive MMEs. I doubt the moved the charge point, though.

phila

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-Pace HSE, Mach E (preorder)
Country flag
Do you mean the charge port door freezes up on the car?
No not the charge port freezes but the little latch to get to the port actually gets filled with snow and ice making it impossible to open without defrosting it first, in some cases I have seen that there is ice build up around the actual charge port as well not allowing the charge cable to fully go in anymore so its a mess. There are some good youtubes of the Hyundai Kona winter charging tests as they have a charge port at the front.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Anyone seen this before?

8DE93E05-354F-46AD-B035-257A2F9C030B.jpeg

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hope something like that comes out for US buyers.
Sponsored