Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
If anyone has a front license plate bracket that they removed and don't want for a GT let me know. I'm in California which requires it and I purchased the vehicle out of state which didn't.

Can't find it online and none of the dealers can find it either.

I know there's the vinyl options and also the "Craig" mounts. I have both. Personally, I think the Vinyl looks cheap and as if your license plate is bent. The Craig's mounts have their own set of issues as well. I think the best looking option is factory plate holders with reviver plates which are legal in CA and all states.

So if anyone has a GT front bracket please make me an offer. From what I'm told the non-GT mount will not work.

Thanks!
Sponsored

sharkcom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
If anyone has a front license plate bracket that they removed and don't want for a GT let me know. I'm in California which requires it and I purchased the vehicle out of state which didn't.

I know there's the vinyl options and also the "Craig" mounts. I have both. Personally, I think the Vinyl looks cheap and as if your license plate is bent. The Craig's mounts have their own set of issues as well. I think the best looking option is factory plate holders with reviver plates which are legal in CA and all states.

So if anyone has a GT front bracket please make me an offer. From what I'm told the non-GT mount will not work.

Thanks!
You can have mine once I get my GT in 2 weeks - I never have a front license plates, especially on my Tesla and never had a problem - but heard LAX airport they will ticket you as they have nothing else better to do - which is why I stay in Orange County :).

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
You can have mine once I get my GT in 2 weeks
If you want to sell it I will gladly take it!

I drive through an area of Sacramento every day which is basically chop-shop alley. Through this section I've been sited twice for no front plate in the last 5 years. I hate them, I think they are pointless and I might not install it until I get pulled over, but at least I'll have it if I do.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag

Thanks!
I was going to use either the STO N SHO mount or the the "Craig" mount. Have not researched them both to figure out which one is the best. I ordered the factory front bracket but will be asking the dealer to not drill the front bumper. I will most likely modify one of the brackets to attach is more permanant manner. Not sure how until I get my car and order one of the brackets. Plan would be drill the underside of the car to have the bracket mount via security screws. Do not care about drilling the bottom of the car, just the front bumper. Worst case, I fail and I will go to the vinly option or the factor bracket.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
There is always going with the front vinyl wrap license plate. At first I was not sure, but I think I am going to head in that direction. I have asked, numerous times, that the front plate not be mounted on the car when they receive it.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
There is always going with the front vinyl wrap license plate
As I mentioned in my original post, I think these are ugly. To me it looks like you have a bent plate on the front of the car.

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
As I mentioned in my original post, I think these are ugly. To me it looks like you have a bent plate on the front of the car.
Oops, sorry about that. It was early. I was not caffeinated enough. I was being nibbled to death by those things with the bills and teeth that go quack. Yes, cats, those were it. Kittens specifically.

If you have any issues buying one of the others offered, and the dealer does not mount mine, I should have one available at the end of the month. The GT is supposed to be in anytime the week of the 24th.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Thanks to everyone here for your offers and support. Today I was driving to the Bay area and @scoopman dm'd me while in route saying he had one if I wanted it. Since he was 10 miles from my destination I gladly accepted.

Thanks again!

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Happy that the serendipity worked out, and I was able to recycle the bracket! Next time I need to be home so we can have our cars meet...

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
For anyone interested in obtaining this part online here's the part information.

This is the part number for the GT Specific Front License Plate Bracket:
CX727

Ford Mustang Mach-E [Purchased] Front GT License Plate Bracket PXL_20211024_192721768

Ford Mustang Mach-E [Purchased] Front GT License Plate Bracket PXL_20211024_192734249