Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Now that it's gotten cold, I was thinking of something - I'm very used to where the seat and steering wheel heater buttons are on my Escape, and I can reach out and turn them on without looking for them. Those controls are on the touchscreen on the Mustang Mach E. Is it possible to control those by voice? In other words, can I press the voice control button and say "steering wheel heat on" or something like that?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Now that it's gotten cold, I was thinking of something - I'm very used to where the seat and steering wheel heater buttons are on my Escape, and I can reach out and turn them on without looking for them. Those controls are on the touchscreen on the Mustang Mach E. Is it possible to control those by voice? In other words, can I press the voice control button and say "steering wheel heat on" or something like that?
Not sure. I do think you can set them to turn on automatically by setting go times (or whatever Ford is calling it now...) so that could be helpful for most drives.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I hope that there are auto settings that will have them turn on when the outside temp is below a certain threshold.

Metv707

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Pretty sure I read in the owners manual, that you can control ambient temperature with voice commands.

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Toyota 4Runner, MME Premium AWD ER (order accepted!)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Pretty sure I read in the owners manual, that you can control ambient temperature with voice commands.
The manual list of examples is very sparse. I found this in the manual for temperature, but so far haven't found a complete list of Sync 4A voice commands.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Question About Extent of Voice Control Capabilities 1608510917359

mspxihuo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Extended RWD
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
This thread seems didn't get a lot of traffic. This topic should warrant more attention.
I have never have good experience from voice control of my previous cars. I think car companies don't have expertise to do voice recognization. I don't expect Mach E can have voice commands that match Alexa, or google. Not sure how Ford does this time.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
This thread seems didn't get a lot of traffic. This topic should warrant more attention.
I have never have good experience from voice control of my previous cars. I think car companies don't have expertise to do voice recognization. I don't expect Mach E can have voice commands that match Alexa, or google. Not sure how Ford does this time.
The voice command feature for Ford I believe is from Nuance who specialize in voice recognition.
http://www.connectedcar-news.com/ne...nce-car-software-enable-all-drivers-be-heard/

Jim McDaniell

First Name
James McDaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I think Ford voice commands are some of the best, at least on my current vehicle.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I've had my Mach for two weeks and I use Ford pass to start my ME, It turns on wheel and seat heat automatically.
Do they stay on when you get in and hit the Start button? Or do you have to turn them back on manually?

mspxihuo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Extended RWD
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
These are the categories for voice commands.

Examples: set temperature, navigate to, set radio stations, call someone.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Question About Extent of Voice Control Capabilities F779E723-579C-44CA-8266-6BF441489E56
Ford Mustang Mach-E Question About Extent of Voice Control Capabilities F779E723-579C-44CA-8266-6BF441489E56
Thank you very much for the detailed info.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

That's kind of disappointing that they didn't expand the selections to control morr of the numerous items available on the screens.

Hopefully they expand that OTA.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag

Is there a set of preset wake words to choose from or can you make the wake word whatever you want?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Is there a set of preset wake words to choose from or can you make the wake word whatever you want?
I didn’t notice a way to set my own, but I wasn’t looking for it either.
Sponsored