Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
question on the electronic Frunk release: did ford add a key combination on the keypad to open the frunk? I know it was mentioned early on, but I don't think they actually implemented it that way. It would be so much more useful than having to dig out my phone, open the app, and hit the frunk button. Also, does the frunk button in the app require PaaK to be setup?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ford said early on the frunk will be able to be opened with the 7-8 button on the keypad. Iā€™ve asked in other threads for GT owners to try holding in that button to see if it opens the frunk, but havenā€™t had any takers.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Ford said early on the frunk will be able to be opened with the 7-8 button on the keypad. Iā€™ve asked in other threads for GT owners to try holding in that button to see if it opens the frunk, but havenā€™t had any takers.
Which specifically are those. I'll try for you. Edit: i thought you were referring to the fob then it dawned on me ?

And yes I believe you have to have PaaK from the phone

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which specifically are those. I'll try for you.

And yes I believe you have to have PaaK from the phone
With the car unlocked, try holding in the 7-8 button on the door keypad. Does it pop the frunk? If not, try entering your unlock code and then holding. 7-8. Anything?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Excellent, thank you! Does it do anything if you donā€™t enter your code first?
I'll try in a bit and report back. I'm going on a mini road trip since @timbop stressed me out ?

As a side note if anyone ever wants me to try something just DM me. Always willing to help

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Confirmed it worked. I did my code then held 7-8
Great! Now we just need to know if it will work just by having a fob/paak in your pocket, pressing the opener button on the door to unlock it, and then the 7-8 button. That is, as @generaltso suggest just hold the 7-8 with the car unlocked and the key in proximity - which would be awesome if it worked!

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Ok so I tried unlocking, from locked and holding the 7-8 key and with already unlocked and holding and that's a no go... You must enter your code first.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Thatā€˜s a bummer, but better than nothing. Thanks for trying it!
I guess the assumption is you're coming back to your car from the store, it's already locked, you unlock it, then pop the frunk so that you can put your groceries in there. They probably didn't think of a case where you may be at a car show and everything's already unlocked and want to show off the frunk (or perhaps dismissed it as irrelevant).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess the assumption is you're coming back to your car from the store, it's already locked, you unlock it, then pop the frunk so that you can put your groceries in there. They probably didn't think of a case where you may be at a car show and everything's already unlocked and want to show off the frunk (or perhaps dismissed it as irrelevant).
I guess, but Iā€™d be willing to bet that the door keypad is not the method that is used most often to unlock the car.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I guess, but Iā€™d be willing to bet that the door keypad is not the method that is used most often to unlock the car.
I'm thinking you're right, which makes it all the more strange that you can't hold the 7-8 button to pop the frunk if the door is already unlocked (say, if it's unlocked due to PaaK proximity).
Sponsored