Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Two different dealers have attempted 3 times total to perform the braking pulsation TSB (21-2206 I believe) with no positive results. My 4th repair has been open for a month at the Ford dealership and I was told that I could keep the car while they attempt to get a good will repair authorization. I've called my service advisor twice over the past week and haven't received a call back.

The first repair was performed under warrantee before the TSB came out. Does the lemon law still apply if the additional repairs under a "reasonable" number of attempts occur outside of the warrantee period given that the issue and first repair attempt occurred during the warrantee period?
Sponsored

orangethunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order
Country flag
Two different dealers have attempted 3 times total to perform the braking pulsation TSB (21-2206 I believe) with no positive results. My 4th repair has been open for a month at the Ford dealership and I was told that I could keep the car while they attempt to get a good will repair authorization. I've called my service advisor twice over the past week and haven't received a call back.

The first repair was performed under warrantee before the TSB came out. Does the lemon law still apply if the additional repairs under a "reasonable" number of attempts occur outside of the warrantee period given that the issue and first repair attempt occurred during the warrantee period?
https://www.nitalemonlaw.com/lemon-law-warranty-expired/

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
It does have to be a defect(s) covered by the warranty, therefore you'd still need to be covered under the warranty. But, generally, if it is the same issue that was previously raised under warranty, all subsequent repairs, assuming you scheduled your 2nd visit relatively timely to the first, will still be covered under warranty and applicable to a lemon law claim.

Based off your wording, does that mean repairs 2, 3 and now 4, are outside the warranty? If they were, and Ford already agreed to cover them under warranty, then 4 should be easy to also get covered.

I'm wondering why they're having such issues. Have you confirmed they're REPLACING the pads AND resurfacing the rotors all in one go?

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Thanks for the information. I don't have my paperwork on me, but if I remember correctly repair 1, was under warrantee, repairs 2 and 3 were under TSB, and repair 4 is stuck in good will authorization limbo. They were not replacing the pads, just resurfacing the rotors, even after speaking with them about it on at least once occasion, meaning that they weren't performing the TSB correctly. Repair 1 was understandable as there was no TSB at that time.

Unfortunately I don't think the rotors can be turned again and all 4 will need to be replaced at this point.

MazzMayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I'd worry less about complaining about or to the service department and focus on the car. Hopefully you opened a case about the issue with Ford.

You can try to use the Ford buyback team as the tester. Call Ford and get the process started. You can always decline and restart if more issues pop up during our 'beta test' process. You don't want to get to close to the 18 month limit and find out its to late.
Sponsored