Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just received my Mach-E four days ago and had the rare occurrence of RAIN in San Diego. This is my first car I've owned with rain sensing wipers, but I've been in cars with it in the past.

It does not appear as though my car is detecting the rain and wiping. I attached a picture of the amount of rain on the windshield, and also just the settings where it is turned on and set to the lowest rain detection. At Home Depot I was parked, but I pulled into that spot with that amount of rain on the windshield. The bottom picture was a picture taken while driving... My um... kid leaned over and took the picture for me :D

Should the wipers had been turning on?? It was a good amount of rain, defiantly more than what I would considered to be safe to drive.

RainSensing.png
Sponsored

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
To the right of your picture there it says to set the stalk in the one up position, so yes there is a hardware switch (otherwise you are not able to switch them completely off)

OP
OP
Kabish

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
To the right of your picture there it says to set the stalk in the one up position, so yes there is a hardware switch (otherwise you are not able to switch them completely off)
Awwwh okay, I guess it makes sense to be able to shut it off via hardware. I was looking through the manual but did not see that. Thanks Marcel

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Awwwh okay, I guess it makes sense to be able to shut it off via hardware. I was looking through the manual but did not see that. Thanks Marcel
You can also set the sensitivity. Yours is set all the way down. Try moving it up a few notches.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You have to enable auto wipers and it replaces the "intermittent" setting on the stalk:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rain Sensing Wipers Not Detecting 1627470148820

seanmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silver Mach-E Premium AWD Std Range
Country flag
Reviving this to ask a question about how well the rain-sensing wipers work for people. Mine *work*, kind of, but I find it is very slow to react, especially when I first start driving when it has been raining, or when it first starts raining, or when I am in startt-and-stop traffic. To me, the windshield gets unacceptably obscured before the car figures out the right speed for the wipers.
This is true even with the sensitivity set all the way up ("3 rain drops"-another pet peeve is that it was non-obvious whether this meant "wipe faster" or "wipe slower"). Are mine working correctly, or should I have it looked at by a dealer?
Sponsored