Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I've been dealing with the following issues for the past 2 or 3 months and am just getting around to asking the community if there are any solutions. Thanks.
  1. Rain sensor not working. I've tried toggling it on and off and resetting SYNC, but it never engages no matter what setting I use or how rainy it gets.
  2. Folding Mirror Stuttering Motion. The driver's side mirror doesn't open or close in a smooth motion like it did when it was new. Would some sort of lube work to correct this?
  3. Android Auto Bugs. Audio skips every 20 seconds or so when playing music. When making calls with Android Auto the call connects to the phone handset even though the system shows that the call is connected via Bluetooth. It will connect the call to Bluetooth if I toggle the connection setting. I've tried reconnecting the phone, deleting and reconnecting the phone profile, and restarting Sync.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
For the side mirrors, mine have had that issue since day 1 but I wasn't sure if it is considered normal since this is my first vehicle with power fold mirrors.

I recently asked a dealer to take a look and let me know if it's normal or could be fixed... The response was "the mirror issue did not occur," but I don't know what to make of that since most of the time during mirror unfold it happens in a stuttered fashion.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
16k miles and just noticed my driver side mirror stuttering upon opening as of yesterday. Maybe that's just how they will be over time? Same thing happens on our Audi.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I've been dealing with the following issues for the past 2 or 3 months and am just getting around to asking the community if there are any solutions. Thanks.
  1. Android Auto Bugs. Audio skips every 20 seconds or so when playing music. When making calls with Android Auto the call connects to the phone handset even though the system shows that the call is connected via Bluetooth. It will connect the call to Bluetooth if I toggle the connection setting. I've tried reconnecting the phone, deleting and reconnecting the phone profile, and restarting Sync.
This happened many times in the past with my iPhone but after going to dealer and getting the BT module updates completed and then after the many OTA updates (3.6.1 currently) and now Ford Pass app updates (4.23.0 currently) that issue has gone away. I still have connection issues with BT and wireless CarPlay but the kipping issue hasn't happened in a few months for me.
It is a BT issue 100% just not sure what solved it for me.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Android auto is a known bug, doesn't seem to happen from reports of 2023s that have the newer UI.

The mirrors can stutter, but you can still get it fixed under warranty.

Rain sensor not working, do you still turn your wipers on or leave them in the off position? For rain sensing to work, the wipers need to still be in one of the on positions.

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Android auto is a known bug, doesn't seem to happen from reports of 2023s that have the newer UI.

The mirrors can stutter, but you can still get it fixed under warranty.

Rain sensor not working, do you still turn your wipers on or leave them in the off position? For rain sensing to work, the wipers need to still be in one of the on positions.
Thanks. I do use the wipers in the intermittent on position.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
  1. Rain sensor not working. I've tried toggling it on and off and resetting SYNC, but it never engages no matter what setting I use or how rainy it gets.
  2. Folding Mirror Stuttering Motion. The driver's side mirror doesn't open or close in a smooth motion like it did when it was new. Would some sort of lube work to correct this?
  3. Android Auto Bugs. Audio skips every 20 seconds or so when playing music. When making calls with Android Auto the call connects to the phone handset even though the system shows that the call is connected via Bluetooth. It will connect the call to Bluetooth if I toggle the connection setting. I've tried reconnecting the phone, deleting and reconnecting the phone profile, and restarting Sync.
That rain sensor setting in SYNC might be profile dependent. Check and see if it's enabled in every profile. Last resort is deleting all profiles and then starting new. That might do it.

The mirror folding mechanism does get jerky from time to time. I don't know if there is any way to lubricate the gears. I'll try and pop off that cover and see what the access looks like (since my mirrors shudder when folding out yet appear to operate smoothly when folding in). 🤔
You are long past your warranty though......just like me.

I don't use Android but I have problems with my phone connecting via bluetooth also. About 25% of the time it connects automatically, the rest of the time I have to connect manually. It is very annoying and something that was added as a feature in one of the recent OTAs. A Sync reset every morning seems to help. Sounds like you tried that without much luck.

Bummer.

Other weird things that I have noticed lately is the Lane Keeping Assist is much more aggressive now than ever. Started about 500 miles ago. I need to check the settings in Sync. I have always used the normal or medium setting. Maybe it changed somehow....
Sponsored