Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, a rather odd thing is happening with my Job 1 MME. I have a 60 mile commute and on the way to work, the screen goes completely black and reboots at the 50 mile mark (50 minutes). Within 30 seconds or so, the map comes back and the radio starts again. Same thing on the way home. Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Talk to your dealer. Your APIM could be going bad

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
Norm: Yes, that exact issue began for me around the time of the 4.1.x updates, the new Sync user interface. So I was attributing it to firmware/software, not hardware. Avelli: what makes you say it is hardware?

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I experienced this a couple of times when the BlueCruise maps needed updating. It happened right on the borders of AZ and adjacent states. If your Job1 is behind OTA updates, you might need to contact a dealer or do the updates yourself if you have the equipment. @Ford Motor Company can get a service call started for you.

OP
OP
Norm in NC

Norm in NC

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks guys. I’m up to date, I believe. I have to think about when this started, and I think it’s just recently, so maybe a recent update. I’ll keep an eye on it and try to document better. Meanwhile, I’d sent an email to my dealer who,, up to now, has been pretty helpful.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So, a rather odd thing is happening with my Job 1 MME. I have a 60 mile commute and on the way to work, the screen goes completely black and reboots at the 50 mile mark (50 minutes). Within 30 seconds or so, the map comes back and the radio starts again. Same thing on the way home. Anyone else having this issue?
Hi there, Norm! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this screen concern for you? Thank you!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes, I've had it happen to me a lot also - but not at a fixed interval. I was assuming it had to do with using waze and podcast addict concurrently over android auto.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes, I've had it happen to me a lot also - but not at a fixed interval. I was assuming it had to do with using waze and podcast addict concurrently over android auto.
Scratch that - it happened tonight driving home from home depot. 10 minutes into the drive with no AA running (just the radio playing) and sync4a rebooted

OP
OP
Norm in NC

Norm in NC

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How do I actually post a PM from here?
Hi there, Norm! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this screen concern for you? Thank you!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
How do I actually post a PM from here?
Click on the envelope in the upper right of the page:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Random screen rebooting 1678311989378

And then click "Start conversation" on the right hand side
Ford Mustang Mach-E Random screen rebooting 1678312029838

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I had my sync go black and reboot during my drive to work this morning. First time that has ever happened to me as far as I can remember. 65,800 miles so far..

Behoff

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am having it happen about every third or fourth time I start the car. It's particularly annoying as I have to back out of my garage and take a fairly tight left turn, so I have come to depend on the cameras (one of the downsides of technology!). About a minute after I start driving the screen starts up.