Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have a feeling that few people run out of juice in a BEV because they're 10x more cautious with it than they are an ICE vehicle.

In other words, they MAKE SURE they don't run out because they can't afford to not be preplanning routes and chargers and carefully monitoring power levels. Unlike ICE where you just get in the car and go and assume there's gas all over.
Not really.......well, maybe at first....but for the most part the only time we think about our available range is when we are planning to leave our bubble. There are so many features in these cars that help avoid running low on charge. Some of it is programmed into the car and you can't turn it off.....the car will complain. In addition to those features.....there are a ton of other settings and notifications that you can set to help you feel more comfortable. Here is a screen shot of MyFordMobile. I presume FordPass will do the same once my car arrives....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range anxiety after two days of driving 1612899325788
Sponsored

Teledatageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford Raptor; '24 BMW X5 50e
Country flag
Not really.......well, maybe at first....but for the most part the only time we think about our available range is when we are planning to leave our bubble. There are so many features in these cars that help avoid running low on charge. Some of it is programmed into the car and you can't turn it off.....the car will complain. In addition to those features.....there are a ton of other settings and notifications that you can set to help you feel more comfortable. Here is a screen shot of MyFordMobile. I presume FordPass will do the same once my car arrives....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range anxiety after two days of driving 1612899325788
That's good info. Does anyone have a screen shot of the app on the phone? I have the Ford Pass for my Raptor on my phone - pretty basic - fuel, miles, tire pressure. My Tesla app has a ton of info and can even show open doors, windows, etc. I am seriously looking at making the jump to a MME, but am hoping the Ford app has more info than the one for my Raptor. I"m sure it does, just never seen one....

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Well, and maybe Florida and Hawaii?
Not sure data points from FL or HI would be valid. Floridians are always adding miles avoiding sink holes, while Hawaiians, if their cars ever reach port, will be heading up the mountain [mauka] half the time and freewheeling down [makai] the other half.

0B3EDF1C-6CC7-4FB5-8F2F-76960243D2FA.gif

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That's good info. Does anyone have a screen shot of the app on the phone? I have the Ford Pass for my Raptor on my phone - pretty basic - fuel, miles, tire pressure. My Tesla app has a ton of info and can even show open doors, windows, etc. I am seriously looking at making the jump to a MME, but am hoping the Ford app has more info than the one for my Raptor. I"m sure it does, just never seen one....
I am hoping the same. I decided on the Mach-E in large part based on my owner experience with the Focus Electric. Since the Mach-E is a ground up BEV design, I am expecting several steps forward vs backwards. Let's hope Ford Pass doesnt disappoint....

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have this screen shot from the web version of Ford Pass.
I am hoping this tile becomes useful when my car arrives. Right now it doesn't do anything because I haven't connected. Maybe someone else who has their car can check it out for both of us. ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Range anxiety after two days of driving 1612906325499

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not really.......well, maybe at first....but for the most part the only time we think about our available range is when we are planning to leave our bubble.
Well, sure. The premise was when driving far enough to need to refuel on the road. When just driving a few dozen miles a day and returning to your home to recharge each night in your garage, it's all a non-issue.

So I guess technically you're right, that's the single biggest reason people rarely run out of fuel in a BEV -- because they're rarely driving far enough between home charges to need to recharge on the road. But when they do, then they're usually going to be far more careful to plan their route according to charging, and monitor it very closely.

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
I have this screen shot from the web version of Ford Pass.
I am hoping this tile becomes useful when my car arrives. Right now it doesn't do anything because I haven't connected. Maybe someone else who has their car can check it out for both of us. ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Range anxiety after two days of driving 1612906325499
I have a car and it still doesn't do anything. I'm told to wait a few more days and it should go live.

Teledatageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford Raptor; '24 BMW X5 50e
Country flag
I have a car and it still doesn't do anything. I'm told to wait a few more days and it should go live.
Days? When I picked up our Tesla, the app went live a couple of hours later. The mobile app works now, right? I think that's the key (like the Model Y). possible to post a screen shot of the app?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is one of the reasons I will avoid the PE version. Just too low. Then if you take into account battery degradation in a few years will make things worse.
The GT PE has 245 Pirelli summer tires. That's like driving around on bubblegum. Swap the wheelset out for something more efficient and it'll blow past 235 miles. Besides, the 10kWh buffer is so the range loss will be minimal for the next 8+ years, at least.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Well, sure. The premise was when driving far enough to need to refuel on the road. When just driving a few dozen miles a day and returning to your home to recharge each night in your garage, it's all a non-issue.

So I guess technically you're right, that's the single biggest reason people rarely run out of fuel in a BEV -- because they're rarely driving far enough between home charges to need to recharge on the road. But when they do, then they're usually going to be far more careful to plan their route according to charging, and monitor it very closely.
Yes exactly.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Seriously?
Is Ford saying this or just people wishing and hoping?