John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford Mustang Mach e Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I just took delivery of my 21 Mustang Mach E Premium.with RWD. It's supposed to have 300 miles of range when fully charged but only registers 270 miles at full charge. This is the range of the AWD. Does the range increase over time? I've already put +1200 miles on the car.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
OP
OP
Call_me_JBM

Call_me_JBM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford Mustang Mach e Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I just took delivery of my 21 Mustang Mach E Premium.with RWD. It's supposed to have 300 miles of range when fully charged but only registers 270 miles at full charge. This is the range of the AWD. Does the range increase over time? I've already put +1200 miles on the car.
Range depends on your driving habits plus terrain, temps etc,. With AWD EX battery FE that I have - most of the time I dont expect anything better than 240-250 on full charge. I have seen better mileage than that many times but the car is not always going to be at EPA mileage; real world driving will make it less.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I still think 30 miles of conservative guessing is too much. I chose RWD over AWD for the 30 miles of extra range. I'm curious to see what people with AWD are seeing.
In what Month? Summer temps I see close to 300 in my 4X Premium. Far surpasses the estimate. Winter? Not so much. Welcome to electric.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I still think 30 miles of conservative guessing is too much. I chose RWD over AWD for the 30 miles of extra range. I'm curious to see what people with AWD are seeing.
Last simmer my wife and I each showed over 300 on the guess-o-meter. We each have Prem, awd, ex.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The range didn’t go anywhere it’s still there.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Oh man just wait until your car sees some real winter temps....sigh

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I swear we need to sticky something to the homepage about threads like these
Nobody reads for a problem they're having because it's only happening to their car.

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
We also have a Premium ER RWD...on our first day trip, started at 100% battery and GOM said 239 miles. At the end of the day (perfect day for EV range, mind you) our mi / kWh average was 3.6, so 316.8 miles of range.

It's frustrating, I guess, but as others have said, this is the way of the EV. In time, you'll get a better feel for the other range indicators...i.e. mi / kWh rating or miles / battery percentage.
Sponsored