NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Stoked to see my GB FE range above the EPA! Keeps going up each day. Under promise and over deliver. Good work, Ford.

More true range than my Tesla Model 3 LR RWD.

Driving on unbridled and mix of city and highway.

image.jpg
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The bad news is that number doesn't necessarily mean much. If you take it for a long drive and average 3.45 mi/kwh that means something, but the estimated range doesn't seem to necessarily correlate with what you'll actually see.

The good news is that number in cold weather has been very conservative, so maybe you will get that range or a little better, depending on driving speed and temperature.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The bad news is that number doesn't necessarily mean much. If you take it for a long drive and average 3.45 mi/kwh that means something, but the estimated range doesn't seem to necessarily correlate with what you'll actually see.

The good news is that number in cold weather has been very conservative, so maybe you will get that range or a little better, depending on driving speed and temperature.
Getting warmer here, so that may be in play. All good though.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Stoked to see my GB FE range above the EPA! Keeps going up each day. Under promise and over deliver. Good work, Ford.

More true range than my Tesla Model 3 LR RWD.

Driving on unbridled and mix of city and highway.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range beating EPA! 20210414_080327
Totally random question, but this has been bugging me for months when I see pictures. Can you tell me what that blue block means at the front of the car icon in the instrument cluster?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Pretty good these ranges. Impressive. ... Over 1000 miles driven so far and I drive like an ICE car and most speeds at 75 mph... I am seeing consistently overall range close to 265 on my FE.

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Totally random question, but this has been bugging me for months when I see pictures. Can you tell me what that blue block means at the front of the car icon in the instrument cluster?
That’s your safe zone or distance from car ahead of you. The blue will change to red or Orange when cars are closer in front of you.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
How far is it from SD to Hawaii? I think your car is getting the best range of us all at the moment.
(Presuming it is on a boat by now that is....) :)
Actually Greg, I know it's not on a boat atm. It's either in Hilo at the pier (or possibly the dealer), or it's still in San Diego. The only San Diego RORO ship that transports cars runs a round trip from SAN every two weeks. The last one left on 4/7 going to Honolulu, Maui, then Hilo. It would've arrived this last Thursday and the various cars would be available Saturday. The next trip for that ship is April 21 from San Diego. Which would put it offloaded in Hilo on 4/28 and available to the dealer no earlier than 4/30. My bet is on the latter sailing as it matches the ETA (May 3 - May 9). If that ends up being the case it'll have been sitting in San Diego for a bit over a month.

On the other hand, this week would be absolutely perfect for delivery.

Yeah ... I know way too much about shipping vehicles to the 50th state. ;)

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Actually Greg, I know it's not on a boat atm. It's either in Hilo at the pier (or possibly the dealer), or it's still in San Diego. The only San Diego RORO ship that transports cars runs a round trip from SAN every two weeks. The last one left on 4/7 going to Honolulu, Maui, then Hilo. It would've arrived this last Thursday and the various cars would be available Saturday. The next trip for that ship is April 21 from San Diego. Which would put it offloaded in Hilo on 4/28 and available to the dealer no earlier than 4/30. My bet is on the latter sailing as it matches the ETA (May 3 - May 9). If that ends up being the case it'll have been sitting in San Diego for a bit over a month.

On the other hand, this week would be absolutely perfect for delivery.

Yeah ... I know way too much about shipping vehicles to the 50th state. ;)
At least I know who to talk to when I move there ?.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Pretty good these ranges. Impressive. ... Over 1000 miles driven so far and I drive like an ICE car and most speeds at 75 mph... I am seeing consistently overall range close to 265 on my FE.
Sounds about right for AWD EX. I took a road trip earlier in the week where speeds were 75 mph for much of the way and I ended up with 260 miles of range.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
After visiting Scottsdale last week, jealous of your high quality and flat roads. Should see some impressive numbers coming from your region.

I’m cracking 250 with highway driving now that it’s warmed up here even with our terrain. I also discovered that Auto A/C is fully Auto. Most days in our cool climate it doesn’t turn on the compressor. We hit 70’s and 80’s this week and lo I felt cooler than normal air. Sure enough even though it was previously off, the A/C light indicated it was on. Checked and it stays off in the morning, but turns on if needed in the afternoon.
Sponsored