First Name
Prashant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
  • Banned
I have ordered the Mustang Mach Epremium extended range build date February 14, 2021. Before I commit I am going to have extensive look at the customer reviews. So many pictures and videos online I have seen, many real world pictures from dealers websites , cars.com , CarGurus.com , I have hardly seen more than 200 mile range . the last image I saw from the car gurus.com with one mach e available in Kansas shows The range 198 miles at 95% charge. I understand this is different from trim but I have not seen any real world picture on the dashboard showing 250+ mile or 310 mile on EXTENDED RANGE VERSION . I am very skeptical about the purchase. There is always the MANY factors that affect the range.

how much less percentage of range will you accept then promised for 270 or 310 mile range versions?

Any input on acceptable Range variations?
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Many of the test or first time drives will be fiddling with battery draining accesories and setup, testing 0 to 60 and how fast it will go, factor in winter weather, you're simply not going to see posted or EPA range readings quite yet. My guess is the Extended Range AWD Premium will probably average closer to 250 in more mild weather. I am more worried that the GT's will just take too much of a range hit, especially the performance version.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have ordered the Mustang Mach Epremium extended range build date February 14, 2021. Before I commit I am going to have extensive look at the customer reviews. So many pictures and videos online I have seen, many real world pictures from dealers websites , cars.com , CarGurus.com , I have hardly seen more than 200 mile range . the last image I saw from the car gurus.com with one mach e available in Kansas shows The range 198 miles at 95% charge. I understand this is different from trim but I have not seen any real world picture on the dashboard showing 250+ mile or 310 mile on EXTENDED RANGE VERSION . I am very skeptical about the purchase. There is always the MANY factors that affect the range.

how much less percentage of range will you accept then promised for 270 or 310 mile range versions?

Any input on acceptable Range variations?
Edmunds Review stated they got over 300 in the Premium 4X. Getting 250 miles should not be an issue unless you are in severe cold.

OP
OP

Prashantsukhs

Banned
Banned
First Name
Prashant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
  • Banned
Edmunds Review stated they got over 300 in the Premium 4X. Getting 250 miles should not be an issue unless you are in severe cold.
We need more reviews on the real world range . We have about million reviews about the Bells and whistles.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm looking forward to my road trip shortly after I take delivery. It will be interesting to see how much the interstate range varies with climate from MD to FL and then back again.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I'm looking forward to my road trip shortly after I take delivery. It will be interesting to see how much the interstate range varies with climate from MD to FL and then back again.
we are are looking forward to your report on said road trip ;)

OP
OP

Prashantsukhs

Banned
Banned
First Name
Prashant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
  • Banned
I am hoping we get what is promised range rather than having to figure out what yougot.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I live in warm California weather. Based on real world range tests in published reviews seen so far, I expect my soon-to-be-delivered Premium ER AWD to:

* be above EPA range of 270 miles for day-to-day drives (mixed city and highway).
* be above or around 210 miles for 75mph roadtrip style highway drives.

Last edited:

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Warm, flat, and humid is an Rx for more range. If you don't hit or exceed 300 miles I'd be surprised. Maybe 270 if you're doing something unusual.

But disabuse yourself of the notion that the car will deliver X range. That's now how it works. The car will deliver X number of kWh, and the three T's -- temperature, terrain, and technique -- determine how many miles/kWh you get. Since you won't have any issues with the first two T's, the only remaining possible issue is with your technique (aka don't drive 100 MPH or otherwise go crazy if you want to get 300 miles of range).

Relax. You'll be fine. The estimated range visible on the displays of the YouTube copies, and the estimated part can't be stressed enough, won't be relevant for all kinds of reasons.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
YMMV exists for a reason. EPA range (just like EPA gas mileage on ICE) is a useful comparison tool since it uses consistent calculations among manufacturers, but it's not a "promise" that you will achieve any particular outcome. Many factors affect range, and when you throw in the fact that the Mach E tries to estimate remaining range based on various inputs of those factors (such as exterior temp, recent driving style and programmed destination if applicable), it's impossible to get to a single number. Frankly, we don't get that consistency with ICE vehicles either, we just don't notice as much because gas stations are more abundant than EV chargers.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I am hoping we get what is promised range rather than having to figure out what yougot.
If you drive exactly like the EPA tests may be you will get 270 like EPA estimated. Just like iCE vehicles - you get more miles per gallon than EPA under certain conditions and you get less than EPA under certain conditions. Overall I have always gotten less than EPA mileage with my ice vehicles. I will be quite happy if I get 250 miles on the highway driving at 75 in the warmer months.

OdellBretthamJr

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, Mach E
Country flag
Just like any battery device the life of it will depend on its use. If I use my phone for basic functions it will last me over 24 hours on a charge, if I’m watching videos all day then the battery life will be much shorter. Just be cognizant when driving an EV that how you drive will impact it’s battery life.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The biggest factors seem to be temps, unless you happen to live in a warm State. and driving style. basically same as in a PHEV or even ICE. So we have control over one of those. Steady calm driving.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
If you drive exactly like the EPA tests may be you will get 270 like EPA estimated. Just like iCE vehicles - you get more miles per gallon than EPA under certain conditions and you get less than EPA under certain conditions. Overall I have always gotten less than EPA mileage with my ice vehicles. I will be quite happy if I get 250 miles on the highway driving at 75 in the warmer months.
Exactly. I feel like people forget that YMMV applies to ICE as well, in that it takes really the best of driving conditions and conservative driving to get the window sticker MPG. And it can REALLY vary even with ICE vehicles. As an example, if a car has a 10 gallon tank and a stated 40mpg and I'm driving, I'll get that 400 miles to a tank at least. Because I drive to maximize my mileage at all times to the point where I don't really even look at my speed, but rather my MPG gauge lolol. My wife would probably get 30 at best. That's a 100 mile difference per tank. People overlook it since gas stations are so prevalent, but for those of you with the ability to charge at home, the issue of charge times is completely negated unless you're on a long trip.

In fact, when I had either my second or third Fusion, Ford sent out $800 checks because the car wasn't getting the promised MPG to such an extent as to be at risk of class action (or maybe the check was due to a class action settlement. I didn't really look into it, just cashed the check lol).
Sponsored

Last edited: