Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I noticed something today that may be a new occurrence but it could easily be that I am just now noticing.
While on a road trip through the mountains, I will sometimes descend a grade in "L" like the owner's manual recommends but usually regular D is fine (with a little brake pedal mixed in here and there....) All normal for me and I've been through the mountains a dozen times with no issues.

For whatever reason....I kinda forgot if I was in D or L so I peeked at my display and none of the letters were colored in (all white) so I took some photos to prove the symptom in case I ended up in the Service Lane at the dealership. After a mile or two, the display returned to normal which occurred right about the same time as when I began climbing and accelerating again. Now that I look at the photos....I can see a faint image of the tile surrounding the "D" so I was obviously in Drive and that is what it felt like to me as well. Running downhill but not steep enough to require "L".

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before? Car drove fine, again. No issues other than the display weirdness...
???

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range indicator color not filled in? 20220302_131531

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range indicator color not filled in? 20220302_131552

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I remember seeing a few pop up like this months and months ago. Like you said everything else was fine and it magically fixed itself. Either we all haven't been paying attention to the PRNDL lately or it stopped happening for awhile and decided to stage a comeback

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’ve seen that happen before, and I’ve also seen a weird sort of doubling of the D on occasion. I just updated my IPC yesterday, so we’ll see if any of that weirdness happens again.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I remember seeing a few pop up like this months and months ago. Like you said everything else was fine and it magically fixed itself. Either we all haven't been paying attention to the PRNDL lately or it stopped happening for awhile and decided to stage a comeback
Okay cool. Might have been there already but I just never noticed. Yeah, no other symptoms. Car ran fine.
I’ve seen that happen before, and I’ve also seen a weird sort of doubling of the D on occasion. I just updated my IPC yesterday, so we’ll see if any of that weirdness happens again.
If I see it again then maybe I am a candidate for the IPC update as well.
Thanks.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
My car does that too. it seems to be almost exclusively in “D”, and it actually looks like the D goes to a very pale orange if you look at it closely. I haven’t been able to isolate what is triggering it, but I’m leaning toward something to do with toggling between D & L.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hmm, almost looks like the animation froze. Failure to indicate gear could be considered a safety recall item. Report to NHTSA if it bothers you.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hmm, almost looks like the animation froze. Failure to indicate gear could be considered a safety recall item. Report to NHTSA if it bothers you.
I kinda wondered about that at the time as well. When I study the photo it does show the box around the D so I think it is more likely a graphics render issue vs a module reading failure.
Sponsored