Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hey folks,
So this isn’t particular to the Mach-E, but I’m hoping you can all help.

I picked up a rental Dodge Ram this morning. It was only at half a tank but when I got it home the dash range said 215 miles. Well, I had a long night at work last night so before hitting the road I went in and took a nap.

Now I’m ready to start my drive to tomorrow’s work location in my company rental truck. I get in and start it up and the range says 220 miles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range question 6FEB039E-8612-4301-AEFB-FA47247599DF

As I sit here idling and creating greenhouse gasses by burning dinosaur gravy while letting the AC cool off the truck…the range continues to go up. It now shows 225 miles. Do you think there’s something broken with the truck? A negative leak in the gas tank? Will the truck explode? Or do you think this is good. Maybe I’ll never run out of gas because the gas molecules are making sweet sweet love in a massive petroleum product orgy and the gas is actually reproducing?

Anyway TIA. All responses will be appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The factory clearly installed the wrong gas tank. It happens.
YOURE NOT LISTENING TO ME.
Even if I got the wrong tank the range would be different than what the truck is rated at. But that’s not what I’m saying. DiD yOU EvEn ReAD before replyyying?
My range is going UP ⬆⬆⬆⁉⁉

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
YOURE NOT LISTENING TO ME.
Even if I got the wrong tank the range would be different than what the truck is rated at. But that’s not what I’m saying. DiD yOU EvEn ReAD before replyyying?
My range is going UP ⬆⬆⬆⁉⁉
Yes, that's exactly what happens when they accidentally put in the magic gas tank instead of the standard one. That's what I'm trying to tell you, but you aren't listening.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dude - they put some fuel pre-conditioner in the tank and it alsomust have warmed up a bit so range increased!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
When people take a leak in your gas tank, it changes the range because the tank is more full, and a Dodge Ram can't tell the difference between gas and piss.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ah, you got the perpetual motion add-on installed

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This ad just popped up below the first post. Coincidence?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range question 1652131136317
UPDATE: I’ve driven 98 miles and my range now shows 152 miles. My 225 miles of range is now up to 250 miles. If this Ram is hopped up on Coke I’m going to figure out where to pour some in my Mach-E. This is a miracle. I may be a bigger coke fan than Billy Mays.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Hey folks,
So this isn’t particular to the Mach-E, but I’m hoping you can all help.

I picked up a rental Dodge Ram this morning. It was only at half a tank but when I got it home the dash range said 215 miles. Well, I had a long night at work last night so before hitting the road I went in and took a nap.

Now I’m ready to start my drive to tomorrow’s work location in my company rental truck. I get in and start it up and the range says 220 miles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range question 1652131136317

As I sit here idling and creating greenhouse gasses by burning dinosaur gravy while letting the AC cool off the truck…the range continues to go up. It now shows 225 miles. Do you think there’s something broken with the truck? A negative leak in the gas tank? Will the truck explode? Or do you think this is good. Maybe I’ll never run out of gas because the gas molecules are making sweet sweet love in a massive petroleum product orgy and the gas is actually reproducing?

Anyway TIA. All responses will be appreciated.
You said you had the AC on right? We know cold weather decreases range on an EV. EVs are the opposite of ICEs. So by having the AC on you were cooling the truck which INCREASES range. It’s simple math.
If you’re running out of gas blast the AC and you get at least another 50 miles of range.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
It sounds like you got one with the very rare dog-alytic converter. It sucks CO2 and H2O out of the air and turns it into octane and O2. The faster you drive it, the more air injected. Your range should just keep going up and up. 😉

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
You said you had the AC on right? We know cold weather decreases range on an EV. EVs are the opposite of ICEs. So by having the AC on you were cooling the truck which INCREASES range. It’s simple math.
If you’re running out of gas blast the AC and you get at least another 50 miles of range.
Cold as ice equals more slippery. Got it.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Your guessometer is experiencing an existential crisis. It happens from time to time.

It just figured out that the truck's name is an oxymoron, and it doesn't know whether to dodge, or ram.

I've seen these vehicles literally implode at demolition derbies.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range question derby-dervy
Sponsored