Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I did a search, but I could not find a WLTP result of 374m for the ME.
I found 540 km on the Ford of Europe site, so the WLTP numbers are different depending on who is testing. I still say 374 is HIGHLY optimistic!
It is absolutely unrealistic in the real world. The search I meant was here on the forum; when the Mach-E started deliveries in the EU/UK there were lots of complaints that the cars couldn't go nearly as far as advertised. Lots of people wanted to sue Ford or have them prosecuted because they didn't know that the government mandated WLTP testing is stupidly optimistic.

As for the Mach-E , you can go to https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/buy-onl...R202300&series=ACMRJ_VS-LE&trim=11LP8included

and see the WLTP range is 372 (RWD) and 341 (AWD):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Range Test: Mach-E ER, BMW iX, Tesla Model 3 LR, Mercedes EQS (by Carwow) 1675375871450
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just for comparison, from the Tesla UK website:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Range Test: Mach-E ER, BMW iX, Tesla Model 3 LR, Mercedes EQS (by Carwow) 1675376362862

Ford Mustang Mach-E Range Test: Mach-E ER, BMW iX, Tesla Model 3 LR, Mercedes EQS (by Carwow) 1675376383491

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
It is absolutely unrealistic in the real world. The search I meant was here on the forum; when the Mach-E started deliveries in the EU/UK there were lots of complaints that the cars couldn't go nearly as far as advertised. Lots of people wanted to sue Ford or have them prosecuted because they didn't know that the government mandated WLTP testing is stupidly optimistic.

As for the Mach-E , you can go to https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/buy-onl...R202300&series=ACMRJ_VS-LE&trim=11LP8included

and see the WLTP range is 372 (RWD) and 341 (AWD):
That is just stupid wrong! LOL
I get that it is very difficult to accurately predict the range on an EV, but to overestimate it that badly just to make some people feel better is ridiculous.
I hope nobody plans a road trip based on those numbers! Downhill all the way with a tailwind maybe?

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I don’t think the comparison is fair, Model 3 LR shouldn’t be in there, MY LR should be in its place, and the Cal RT 1 RWD should be the Mach E in there.
Sponsored