Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachEGT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone experience a reduction in range after the recall software update. Had the software updated for the connectors on my GT and after the first charge to my normal 90% saw a reduction of almost 35 miles. From 276 down to high 240’s. confronted my dealer thought it would get make to my normal range with additional charges. Hope so, i was very happy with the 270 plus range. any thoughts. thanks
dondan
Sponsored

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I would reset the settings for driver history on your car and see if that makes a difference after driving it for a week. It's possible that the dealership was testing the car and doing a lot of wide open throttle acceleration to see if everything was working okay.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
More likely the update reset the history.

OP
OP

Dondan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachEGT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would reset the settings for driver history on your car and see if that makes a difference after driving it for a week. It's possible that the dealership was testing the car and doing a lot of wide open throttle acceleration to see if everything was working okay.

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2017 GT350
Occupation
Pharmacy Software Development
Country flag
Has anyone experience a reduction in range after the recall software update. Had the software updated for the connectors on my GT and after the first charge to my normal 90% saw a reduction of almost 35 miles. From 276 down to high 240’s. confronted my dealer thought it would get make to my normal range with additional charges. Hope so, i was very happy with the 270 plus range. any thoughts. thanks
dondan
I have seen same on my GT. 90% was 245 now 220. Dealer did update last week. one thing I noticed is when charging now my front air vents are open and close after it reaches 90%. Never saw that before. Also yesterday 7/20 I received OTA update 2.82. First OTA I have ever seen. Did do driver reset made no difference. Guess I will drive for a while and see what happens. Next item I need to figure out is the goofy charging pad with iPhone 12 Pro and why its so flaky. Works for a minute or two.

OP
OP

Dondan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachEGT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have seen same on my GT. 90% was 245 now 220. Dealer did update last week. one thing I noticed is when charging now my front air vents are open and close after it reaches 90%. Never saw that before. Also yesterday 7/20 I received OTA update 2.82. First OTA I have ever seen. Did do driver reset made no difference. Guess I will drive for a while and see what happens. Next item I need to figure out is the goofy charging pad with iPhone 12 Pro and why its so flaky. Works for a minute or two.

OP
OP

Dondan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachEGT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
receive a tip that if i cleared driving history it might improve my range. Did that to my normal 90% and got the best range ever. 306. couldn’t believe it. try it it may help. thanks to the person with the tip

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
receive a tip that if i cleared driving history it might improve my range. Did that to my normal 90% and got the best range ever. 306. couldn’t believe it. try it it may help. thanks to the person with the tip
Resetting the driving history doesn't improve your range. It changes what the range meter says. Your range would be exactly the same no matter if you reset that or not.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
dondan
Just to be clear, "experiencing a reduction of range" and seeing a lower number displayed on the dash a two very very different things.

On the one hand you are actually driving somewhere and you actually get less range and can go no further because you depleted your battery.

On the other hand, you look at a number on the dash, travel no where and ASSUME that number translates into real world range, which it does not.

Sounds to me like the latter, and some driving history was erased with the update with that calculated GUESS'O meter now using some default values. But none of that has any real world bearing whatsoever on how far you can actually drive... it's just a number folks!

OP
OP

Dondan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachEGT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Resetting the driving history doesn't improve your range. It changes what the range meter says. Your range would be exactly the same no matter if you reset that or not.
Prior to the software update my range was around 275. After, it went to

OP
OP

Dondan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachEGT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Prior to the software update my range was around 275. After, it went to 245, then 263 and the last after clearing history 306. If not clearing history then I have no idea why the improvement other then the update

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Prior to the software update my range was around 275. After, it went to 245, then 263 and the last after clearing history 306. If not clearing history then I have no idea why the improvement other then the update
This is just the estimated on the GoM (guess-o-meter). This isn't actual range.... Reset your trip. Bet you don't get 306 miles.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
don't forget that the actual range of your car did not change at all... just the guessing algorithm.
Sponsored