Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I do not think anything is over stated by Ford . It's seasonal efficiency.

Having owned My 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV for two years and two full change of seasons now, this is the way EVs work.

My Hyundai is rated for 136 mixed EPA Miles. We get 160-162 Summer, 130-140 Fall and Spring, and 100-110 Winter (I did see 90 miles once at -10F).

Folks are just enjoying their summer ranges where the batteries are in a very happy ideal operating state.

In the Spring and Fall (in places that have 4 seasons with lower temps) folks will see much closer to the ratings and in Winter, these forums will be alive with "where did all of my range go", "Why did I buy an EV".

Where the majority of Mach E's are in Sunny California, they will see the better ranges, most of the time.

Here is my Ioniq rating:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ranges are purposely stated as less 1629218428855

And some simple Math compared with my Mach E Select AWD.

My Hyundai Summer 160/136=1.18, My Mach E AWD actual Summer 250/211=1.18 Exact same performance factor.

To Estimate my Wintertime performance, My Hyundai 110/136=0.81, My Mach E will be at best x/211=0.81 or x=171 Miles. Using the lowest 90 mile Hyundai range, my Mach E will have a low of 140 Miles.

From the Ops first post, 270 *1.18=318 miles, right what they are seeing.

I cannot wait for the posts in November through March!

Last edited:

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think a lot of people that I see on forums are city drivers. They are all getting over estimates, which makes sense.

95% of my driving is at 70-80 mph. I’ve found it to be around 260-275 range, which is in line with what Ford says. My gut instinct tells me if most of the above drivers had a similar commute as mine they would be getting the same results.

OP
OP
Jayhawkoholic

Jayhawkoholic

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang MachE Premium AWD
Occupation
Film/Television
Country flag
I do not think anything is over stated by Ford . It's seasonal efficiency.

Having owned My 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV for two years and two full change of seasons now, this is the way EVs work.

My Hyundai is rated for 136 mixed EPA Miles. We get 160-162 Summer, 130-140 Fall and Spring, and 100-110 Winter (I did see 90 miles once at -10F).

Folks are just enjoying their summer ranges where the batteries are in a very happy ideal operating state.

In the Spring and Fall (in places that have 4 seasons with lower temps) folks will see much closer to the ratings and in Winter, these forums will be alive with "where did all of my range go", "Why did I buy an EV".

Where the majority of Mach E's are in Sunny California, they will see the better ranges, most of the time.

Here is my Ioniq rating:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ranges are purposely stated as less 1629218428855

And some simple Math compared with my Mach E Select AWD.

My Hyundai Summer 160/136=1.18, My Mach E AWD actual Summer 250/211=1.18 Exact same performance factor.

To Estimate my Wintertime performance, My Hyundai 110/136=0.81, My Mach E will be at best x/211=0.81 or x=171 Miles. Using the lowest 90 mile Hyundai range, my Mach E will have a low of 140 Miles.

From the Ops first post, 270 *1.18=318 miles, right what they are seeing.

I cannot wait for the posts in November through March!
Good to know. It’s my first EV so impressed by ranges. Also in SoCal, so luckily may have longer ranges in general due to the temperate temps. Thanks for the info!

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Good to know. It’s my first EV so impressed by ranges. Also in SoCal, so luckily may have longer ranges in general due to the temperate temps. Thanks for the info!
If the mornings get into the 40’s and 50’s you will see some range moderation but you should never see less than the EPA ratings. Enjoy warm and sunny CA and your Mach E!
Sponsored