TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
My dealer contacted me this afternoon. They don't have the car ... yet. BUT... it has been unloaded from the train at a depot only about 3 miles from the dealer. It arrived at the depot at 9:35am this morning.

They are waiting for it to arrive at the dealer.

He did warn me that sometimes they load up the cars from the depot, take them down to the Flat Rock (where regular Mustangs are made) and re-shuffle the cars to take back to the dealers. He says "I know it seems weird to have a car only 3 miles away ... get picked up and taken 15 miles south ... re-shuffled ... and then brought back up again."

I think they do this so it's fewer stops. A single car hauler might be dropping off several cars at a dealer (not just Mach-E's). Hopefully it'll quick and I could have this thing before the week is out.

Incidentally... my official ETA End Date has not changed.

I'll upload pics when I can. But I'm really feeling the excitement now that it's this close!

One last note: Dealer confirmed they think advertising stickers look tacky and they don't use them. So I wont need to worry about getting one of those off the car. (I'm told a hair-dryer and fishing line work well for removal ... should anybody get a car with a sticker on it.)
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Congrats! Hopefully you are able to get it tonight! What is the ETA date they gave you?

OP
OP
TheVirtualTim

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats! Hopefully you are able to get it tonight! What is the ETA date they gave you?
The dealer isn't sure ... that's why he mentioned the typically thing is it will get picked up by a car hauler and taken 15 miles south ... re-shuffled onto another car hauler and driven back up to the dealer.

He also mentioned that, while he doesn't think it will happen this time, he's seen cars sit in the year for as much as a week before they move them. I doubt that will happen.

I'm hoping for tomorrow ... but possibly it'll be another day or two.

I need to see about getting it over for ceramic coating.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My dealer contacted me this afternoon. They don't have the car ... yet. BUT... it has been unloaded from the train at a depot only about 3 miles from the dealer. It arrived at the depot at 9:35am this morning.

They are waiting for it to arrive at the dealer.

He did warn me that sometimes they load up the cars from the depot, take them down to the Flat Rock (where regular Mustangs are made) and re-shuffle the cars to take back to the dealers. He says "I know it seems weird to have a car only 3 miles away ... get picked up and taken 15 miles south ... re-shuffled ... and then brought back up again."

I think they do this so it's fewer stops. A single car hauler might be dropping off several cars at a dealer (not just Mach-E's). Hopefully it'll quick and I could have this thing before the week is out.

I'll upload pics when I can. But I'm really feeling the excitement now that it's this close!

One last note: Dealer confirmed they think advertising stickers look tacky and they don't use them. So I wont need to worry about getting one of those off the car. (I'm told a hair-dryer and fishing line work well for removal ... should anybody get a car with a sticker on it.)
What was your tracker ETA? It’s great you are getting it soon

OP
OP
TheVirtualTim

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What was your tracker ETA? It’s great you are getting it soon
They did not update the ETA ... at least not yet.

The order shows: Estimated Delivery 2/12/2021 - 2/18/2021
The ETA End Date is: 2/19/2021

But it sure looks like I'll likely have this car about 2 weeks sooner than the ETA End Date.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The dealer isn't sure ... that's why he mentioned the typically thing is it will get picked up by a car hauler and taken 15 miles south ... re-shuffled onto another car hauler and driven back up to the dealer.

He also mentioned that, while he doesn't think it will happen this time, he's seen cars sit in the year for as much as a week before they move them. I doubt that will happen.

I'm hoping for tomorrow ... but possibly it'll be another day or two.

I need to see about getting it over for ceramic coating.
No, I meant the ETA delivery date from Ford.com - you mentioned yours didn't change but what was the date? I'm curious to know if you got yours early or late from the Ford ETA - and by how much
never mind, see the post after mine

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

But it sure looks like I'll likely have this car about 2 weeks sooner than the ETA End Date.
That is excellent

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

Daaaang! My ETA end date is 2/19 too. I’d be ecstatic if mine arrived even a couple days early, but a couple weeks would be awesome! Congrats!

OP
OP
TheVirtualTim

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Updates...

Many of you probably already know this.

Car arrived at the rail-yard Monday morning.
Car was turned over to the car-carrier on Tuesday morning.
Car was delivered to dealer around mid-day on Wednesday, BUT...
Car was damaged in delivery process.

I did get to see the car at the dealer ... lower front trim was damaged. Likely it scuffed ramps being loaded or unloaded.

Dealer had the paint shop remove trim, sand, and repaint on Thursday (they are required to do this. Ford requires that the car be delivered in "new" condition but they must attempt to repair damage before replacing the part. They require that the car be perfect ... so if the car isn't perfect they'll order a piece of replacement trim. I'm told it will likely take a few months to arrive ... but I can accept the car in the meantime and will be told when they have the replacement trim in and ready to install. I have not yet seen the repair. If it is perfect there will be no need to order a replacement part.

The repair was finished this morning and the car is being prepped for delivery as I write this.

I head over to the dealer this afternoon (in about an hour) to pick it up.

Tragically it was a sunny day when the car arrived. We've had several inches of snow overnight. While the roads are clear ... they are also wet & sloppy. So the car will be a mess by the time I get it home.
Sponsored