blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I really don't understand why you continued to beat yourself over the head and get angry every day because the stupid Paak didn't work. Why would you do that to yourself until you hated the car when all you had to do was put the fob in your pocket?
Seriously, I mean I get wanting to use the newest tech, you paid for it, etc. But is having a FOB in your pocket a deal breaker now for buying a car? How many cars can you actually buy right now that actually have PAAK? I know Tesla and the MME, who else? What have I been missing all these years?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Seriously, I mean I get wanting to use the newest tech, you paid for it, etc. But is having a FOB in your pocket a deal breaker now for buying a car? How many cars can you actually buy right now that actually have PAAK? I know Tesla and the MME, who else? What have I been missing all these years?
BMW have a digital key feature for phones.

Deleted member 3663

The fact that PaaK works now on the first attempt proves it was the actual vehicle to me. It's in the service history, and I told new dealership about it, hopefully they fix it before they sell it again or it will drive the next person crazy too.
Does it "Work" or sorta work like everyone else's? PAAK for my FE 'works'. Just not great.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Well, look on the bright side, if OP is that concerned about PAAK issues he likely won’t ever sniff a 100mph 1/4 mile….

I’ll show myself out now.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Well, look on the bright side, if OP is that concerned about PAAK issues he likely won’t ever sniff a 100mph 1/4 mile….

I’ll show myself out now.
Well.... let's hope not until after October because he'll be trading in the GT too. Maybe for a BMW X3 M since apparently BMW's have PAAK too.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Does it work well?
I friend uses it with his bmw and never had an issue, it uses NFC rather than bluetooth note this is a USA BMW and he uses his apple watch (can also use iphone), BMW Europe also offered phone as key at the start it was android only, one of those LOL where bmw only supported apple car play for the infotainment but you needed android for the phone as key, not sure if this is still the case.

Hyundai & Kia are also supposed to offer and app that also uses NFC but I have no experience of that so can't comment on how well it works.

As Lincoln also offer a phone as key app it will be interesting to see if that is as buggy with the models that support it.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Congratulations on the GT!

I hate to pile on with the PaaK thing, but I agree with others that if it was such an issue, why not just spend the $100-$200 to get a second key fob rather then suffer for months and start hating the vehicle.

Getting the car detailed one time could very well cost more. Getting one door ding fixed could cost more.

And as far as car problems go, $100-$200 to get a full 100% resolution of the issue? That’s the cheapest car ‘repair’ you’ll ever have.

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
And as far as car problems go, $100-$200 to get a full 100% resolution of the issue? That’s the cheapest car ‘repair’ you’ll ever have.
Except I was told at the dealership a key fob is upwards of $500 to $700 to replace.

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
PaaK - fantastic, I haven't even tried to get it to work as I heard there were so many problems. Without having PaaK, I wasn't seeing the FP App showing those icons to open the trunk, frunk, etc. I may have to try it soon.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Except I was told at the dealership a key fob is upwards of $500 to $700 to replace.
That sounds like a huge rip off, I would ask another dealer, even $200 seems high from what people have posted on here in terms of buying a second fob and getting it programmed.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
presumably it varies by dealer, but I paid $300 without the stupid blank and that is probably about average for around here (NJ).

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
CONGRATS!! Do all GT's now come with two fobs?

I've also had a horrible experience with PaaK and Ford's so called Customer Service. They deny there is any issues with Paak and told me software is not under warranty. LOL
After getting the run around from my dealer, I called Ford Customer Service. The woman there was more or less oblivious, but she did direct me to Ford Marketing. I spoke to a woman in Ford Marketing who seemed well aware of the PAAK/1 FOB issue. She told me that Ford does have a program to provide a second key (I asked if this was a TSB/Customer Satisfaction Issue and she said there wasn't a number). When asking for something more specific to relay to my dealer, she said I should "tell them to talk to their Ford rep". I emailed the dealer last week and they said they escalated. I'm going to give them a week to respond. Haven't completed my survey yet........