skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Well, first of all. All of this sounds like it is coming with the OTA update (PaaK issues, frunk button in fordpass, etc). Second, how are people getting stranded when you literally setup a pin to enter the door of the car, and a password you can type into the center panel to start the vehicle? I've had PaaK fail, but never been stranded.
The password backup can take awhile to appear and often takes several cycles of the car. Even when you get the backup code to work it often tells you 'no key detected'. On a small rood trip a couple weeks ago my AA, radio volume, and a few other items froze while driving. I pulled over and cycled the car a few times but could not get my phone, PaaK, or AA to pair and work. I tried removing and re-adding BT many times along with other restarts. Spend 90 minutes in two places along the route trying to fix. It fixed itself while sleeping over night.

Yes I was able to use the backup password but like I said that can take time as it doesn't always appear. In the end I learned a lesson to always take the one fob. Dumb decision on my part not bringing it along. When having a phone with PaaK and a fob in and around the car at the same time brings in other issues. I disabled PaaK as I'm so sick of it, but now many of the app features are gone.

Ford should have never rolled this car out with so many software issues. After a year they are still not fixed. I would love nothing more than a OTA update to fix but Ford doesn't seem able to provide that type of update in a OTA. Nothing really has been fixed this year via OTA and the GT having newer software just shows they are unable to provide OTA fixes at this time. I hope I eat my words soon. Sorry for the long rant but these software issues are a huge fail for Ford.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think the fact of the matter is, when people shell out $60k for a vehicle, you'd expect it to work as advertised - especially when you're, you know, trying to start your vehicle. It's laughable. "Settling" for faults in a brand new car gives Ford zero incentive to fix this sh*t.
Every day people come here to make the same complaint about PaaK. Every day people say the car shouldn't have been shipped because PaaK doesn't work. Every day people complain that a $60,000 car should have had 2 fobs.

All of that is true.

What is also true is that none of the complaining has accomplished anything except clog up this board with the same sentiments, with the effect that many are reinforcing their dissatisfaction with their cars and Ford.

I am advocating that one can do something effective to address the issue and improve their daily lives at an additional cost of 0.5% of the price of the car. Yes Ford should have eaten that cost, but in the end spending $300 not to be miserable seems like a pretty decent option.

g8mb1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Every day people come here to make the same complaint about PaaK. Every day people say the car shouldn't have been shipped because PaaK doesn't work. Every day people complain that a $60,000 car should have had 2 fobs.

All of that is true.

What is also true is that none of the complaining has accomplished anything except clog up this board with the same sentiments, with the effect that many are reinforcing their dissatisfaction with their cars and Ford.

I am advocating that one can do something effective to address the issue and improve their daily lives at an additional cost of 0.5% of the price of the car. Yes Ford should have eaten that cost, but in the end spending $300 not to be miserable seems like a pretty decent option.
In the uk we don’t even have PAAK, WAL or real mustang key fobs(we get normal Ford Focus fobs to get anti remote unlock scanning prevention to save about 30% in insurance), very old sync 4 software with no OTA updates can’t even see the version of software…still love the car, hoping Ford can wake up and catch-up

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
did you say the remote front trunk release on the GT actually works? If so, does the GT ship with FOBs with an extra button to open the front trunk? Or do you only get an extra soft button in FordPass?

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
did you say the remote front trunk release on the GT actually works? If so, does the GT ship with FOBs with an extra button to open the front trunk? Or do you only get an extra soft button in FordPass?
My guess is 'no' that the fob does not include a frunk opening button. But that would be an amazingly convenient feature!! I don't see why this couldn't be done.

In the pic from another thread ( Key fob frunk access | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum - MachEforum.com ), it appears they simply commandeered a fob from a different ford vehicle where that extra button for remote start was overridden.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
It's so funny seeing all of this and every time I just think to myself "huh.... well my wife's Volvo came with only one FOB too (the second was the essentially useless Valet FOB)"

It hasn't even been thought of this whole time that we only have one FOB. The only single, one, 1, uno, reason I'd want a second FOB is in case the first one gets lost.

Otherwise I know where her key is, she knows where my key is. it's that simple. Pick which car you want to drive, get the key, go drive, come home, put the key back. Maybe some of these 'multi-driver family' houses can figure out some way, some mysterious method, to have a place for a key that everyone can get it.

LTC_HUGH

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
EVERY day people complain about PAAK not working, including those who say they've been stranded. My statement applies to everyone who is deeply frustrated with PAAK and is letting that ruin their view of their purchase of an otherwise pretty great car.

My suggestion is to "let it go" and move on with their life instead of obsessing about what amounts to a pretty minor feature.

@fallguy if I laid it on too thick or harshed your buzz, I apologize.
Don't apologize, you're right! The PAAK doesn't always work but what an incredible car. I have 4k miles on mine since April. I loved every mile. The best handling car I have ever driven.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks to ctmars02 for posting about this GT at a dealership. I called, ran some numbers and 2 days later they delivered it to my house. Was here about 10 minutes and he was on his way. Tim Short Ford in Hazard, KY was fantastic to deal with. And they gave me two key fobs, which I have been trying to get on the FE for months.

I have had my First Edition since April, and have loved it. Except PaaK has NEVER worked. Simply wouldn't connect. Not with my Android or wife's iPhone. Or even with a new phone I just got last week. Dealership has been terrible. Ford corporate has been terrible. Customer service has by far been the worse I have ever dealt with. I won't go into it all, I have wasted several days off and hours at home trying to get it to work. I had an appointment tomorrow to drop it of so they could trouble shoot it again, after literally telling me that they have no idea what to do. And only on key FOB, refusing to give me another. The fact that PaaK works now on the first attempt proves it was the actual vehicle to me. It's in the service history, and I told new dealership about it, hopefully they fix it before they sell it again or it will drive the next person crazy too.

I took a hit selling it for this GT, but I did get another $7500 credit. I was just so over that damn FE, I wanted rid of it. I shouldn't reward Ford with another purchase, but I really did love my FE other than the PaaK and customer service.

But as I said, the frunk button works also. Which is also huge for me. I will actually use it now, before it was too annoying to reach in and double pull, walk back to the front and put a bag in there. New MRR rims should be here next week. I am just so relieved to get rid of that FE. Looks of the GT are better too. Wish it had the metal pedals like the FE had, but oh well.

PIcs of the two before he drove it away, and that the frunk button isn't greyed out.
Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN? I would like to see what I can do to further assist with your PAAK issue.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I'd pretty much prefer that the fob opened the frunk rather than the lift gate. The lift gate can be opened with a kick of the foot for most trims.

sldave84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
I got 48k trade for it, 7400 miles. Had a very small fender bender, cost $800 to fix but record showed a wreck. Not sure how much that took off. Another $7500 rebate though.

Only driven the GT once so far. It is much, much faster. You can feel it in your gut when taking off. Software seems a bit different too, the volume notification is different on the screen, few other small differences. Probably just a newer version as it's a new build.

I always wanted a GT, but found the FE in April. GT's being delayed like every other vehicle it seems, I didn't want to wait. Snatched up the FE. I much prefer the color of the GT too. Styling is better to me also, front looks much better.

As I've said before, I could have delt with the PaaK problems, if Ford cared at all. They broke promise after promise. Lied time and time again. By far the worst customer service ever. Dealership and corporate. All I really wanted was for them to care and try to help me. Refused to give me a second key fob. We have multiple drivers in the house, having to rearrange cars sometimes. One key is a pain. I shouldn't have to buy another. And for a time finding another fob was very difficult.

PaaK is a huge feature they push. I paid for it. You can't roll down/up the windows with fob. Or remote open the frunk. I never used it because it's annoying to reach in and double pull the latch, then go back up front. There are many advantages to PaaK over the fob.

I realize my experience was an outlier. Something was wrong with the vehicle. I have a right to be upset it didn't work, and I got treated like shit. I didn't come on here and relentlessly complain, making thread after thread. I actually said a few weeks ago, I loved my FE and was 95% happy with it. Almost every time people have an issue and post about their vehicle, part of what this forum is for, they get flamed. People blinded and can't see any other perspective. Being accused of being a troll because I don't have an avatar with a car Pic in it, is simply idiotic. But that's where we are here.

Bleeding edge software/hardware has issues. I've been building gaming computers for 25 years. Plenty of times things didn't work right. I expected things to not be 100% perfect. What I wanted was just basic customer service while things got worked out. Something that should be standard.

That's all I'm saying about PaaK in this thread. Don't like that I wasn't happy with a promised feature and terrible customer service? Oh well, get over it. Go argue in other dedicated PaaK threads.

Typed this on my phone, probably errors but I'm not going back to proof read.
So did you do some option where the dealer gets the rebate and passes it on to you? I’m fairly certain you can only utilize the $7,500 credit once per year. I’d love to trade up to a GTPE but from what I read you can only utilize it once per year(assuming the company hasn’t used up their 500k vehicle allotment

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
So did you do some option where the dealer gets the rebate and passes it on to you? I’m fairly certain you can only utilize the $7,500 credit once per year. I’d love to trade up to a GTPE but from what I read you can only utilize it once per year(assuming the company hasn’t used up their 500k vehicle allotment
No, you can get that credit every week, so long as you buy enough cars and have enough tax bills.

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Sorry to all those who's post I did not read, I clicked the last page and am just going to reply, late day and not much time to post.

Yes the Ford Pass app works to open the frunk. It makes two loud "clicks" then popped open. Took just about 2 seconds after I hit the icon. Something you can't do with just "buying an extra key fob." They GT key fob is the same as my FE key fob. No extra buttons on it.

As for the differences to me of the two after about 100 miles and a day with it. So far, it get FAR fewer miles per charge. I don't really care about that though, and I suspect it will go up. I drive in a small bubble for work, gym, school, groceries, etc. I don't normally drive more than 150 miles a week, and drive other vehicles too. I got about 270-280 with my FE when I first got it, it climbed steadily over the past few months to 350. I suspect the GT will do the same, though not as high.

As I said before, its so much faster than the FE. Front raises up, sets you back, and you can feel it in your stomach like a rollercoaster. I do like the copper accents, they're unique. For my color though, I would have preferred the red stitching like the FE had because it would match the exterior paint. Not a huge deal though. The cooper does look really nice.

I like these seats better, I am not a huge fan of leather, or fake leather seats. That too is just preference. Comfort seems the same to me, just with a different outside on the seat. The software does seem newer, some smaller differences in it when operating the vehicle. But they should all eventually catch up.

Much better grip with these tires too, not that I have gone crazy driving it. I don't care about track laps, 1/4 mile or anything else. Just driving the same roads I always do, taking the same corners, I can feel the difference.

I miss my pano roof, my wife does not. So there's that too, preference again. The front styling is so much better than the normal Mach-E to me as well. Fake side vents, black grill, glowing Mustang, all are improvements. And the rear is better. I do wish the GT had the metal brake/gas pedals though, GT has normal black.

Other than the speed, and some cosmetic things it's the same vehicle though. I am glad I traded, even taking a loss. The $7500 will almost negate that so it's really not even an issue. I owed less than 40k due to my trade in when I bought it too.

Attached the miles per charge for my FE from 2 days ago when I went to 100% so he could drive back with no worries, and then this morning I wanted to charge the GT to 100% once, going to 90% from now on.

FE.jpg

GT.jpg

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag

secretvampire

Threads