jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
If this your get a way car in a movie using PAAK, the cops would be there before you could punch in the door code and start password. Lol
This is the new version of woman dropping her keys after fumbling with them while a creepy guy is following her through the parking lot.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Ok, it shouldn't be, but it is a big deal to me that the GT (suposedly sportier?) doesn't have the metal pedals. How chinsey can you get? So can they be bought as parts and easily swapped? Probably don't come out easily. I'd buy the pedals if they could be removed and replaced easily. but I am bummed about that.

Last edited:
OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
One thing I didn't notice between the FE and GT is no 360 camera on the GT. No birds eye view when parking, backup camera only. It's an "option". My fault for not researching, figured with so many cars having it standard, I thought it was too.

secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
One thing I didn't notice between the FE and GT is no 360 camera on the GT. No birds eye view when parking, backup camera only. It's an "option". My fault for not researching, figured with so many cars having it standard, I thought it was too.
Yes, it's been speculated that Ford split that package out into an option to keep the base price of the GT (and GTPE since the Performance pack is technically an "option" too) under $60k for places like California that cut state rebates above that threshold.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Yeah - the 360 camera wa the
Yeah - the 360 camera was the only reason we got that package on our GT order.

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sorry to all those who's post I did not read, I clicked the last page and am just going to reply, late day and not much time to post.

Yes the Ford Pass app works to open the frunk. It makes two loud "clicks" then popped open. Took just about 2 seconds after I hit the icon. Something you can't do with just "buying an extra key fob." They GT key fob is the same as my FE key fob. No extra buttons on it.

As for the differences to me of the two after about 100 miles and a day with it. So far, it get FAR fewer miles per charge. I don't really care about that though, and I suspect it will go up. I drive in a small bubble for work, gym, school, groceries, etc. I don't normally drive more than 150 miles a week, and drive other vehicles too. I got about 270-280 with my FE when I first got it, it climbed steadily over the past few months to 350. I suspect the GT will do the same, though not as high.

As I said before, its so much faster than the FE. Front raises up, sets you back, and you can feel it in your stomach like a rollercoaster. I do like the copper accents, they're unique. For my color though, I would have preferred the red stitching like the FE had because it would match the exterior paint. Not a huge deal though. The cooper does look really nice.

I like these seats better, I am not a huge fan of leather, or fake leather seats. That too is just preference. Comfort seems the same to me, just with a different outside on the seat. The software does seem newer, some smaller differences in it when operating the vehicle. But they should all eventually catch up.

Much better grip with these tires too, not that I have gone crazy driving it. I don't care about track laps, 1/4 mile or anything else. Just driving the same roads I always do, taking the same corners, I can feel the difference.

I miss my pano roof, my wife does not. So there's that too, preference again. The front styling is so much better than the normal Mach-E to me as well. Fake side vents, black grill, glowing Mustang, all are improvements. And the rear is better. I do wish the GT had the metal brake/gas pedals though, GT has normal black.

Other than the speed, and some cosmetic things it's the same vehicle though. I am glad I traded, even taking a loss. The $7500 will almost negate that so it's really not even an issue. I owed less than 40k due to my trade in when I bought it too.

Attached the miles per charge for my FE from 2 days ago when I went to 100% so he could drive back with no worries, and then this morning I wanted to charge the GT to 100% once, going to 90% from now on.

FE.jpg

GT.jpg
How is the ride? We’re all dying to know what these magneride shocks feel like