Retired oceanographer
Country flag

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I've seen two photos now where the windscreen definitely has a purple tint to it. Are they putting InstaClear/QuickClear in the MME? I've also seen photos where there are definitely air vents where a traditional defogger/defroster would push air across the window.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I've seen two photos now where the windscreen definitely has a purple tint to it. Are they putting InstaClear/QuickClear in the MME? I've also seen photos where there are definitely air vents where a traditional defogger/defroster would push air across the window.
I wonder if you’re seeing the IR heat protection coating that comes on the windshield of models with the panoramic sunroof.

“Panoramic Fixed-Glass Roof with Infrared Reflective (IRR) Windshield”

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I just read the UK Spec posted in another thread by Wonky-Donky. It mentions QuickClear windshield (I think heated too).