Advertisement

Kamuelaflyer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Old
Country flag
Nice to see some rolling off the line, although I've kinda lost faith in the declaration of "MP2" (if accurate) meaning a whole lot anymore in regards to projecting timing of actual customer units (particularly FEs).

But there's 3 units of some kind anyway! 😎
Well, MP2 starts in a few hours (more or less). A bit closer to delivery for all of us. Not as fast as we'd hoped but, close nonetheless. :)

dbsb3233

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, MP2 starts in a few hours (more or less). A bit closer to delivery for all of us. Not as fast as we'd hoped but, close nonetheless. :)
Yep. Reportedly anyway. Just sounded like there's 3 weeks of FCTPs spilling over into MP2 though, making MP2 not what we thought it was. Or not. I dunno, I've lost track what it all means anymore... or doesn't mean. 🤖

Kamuelaflyer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Old
Country flag
Yep. Reportedly anyway. Just sounded like there's 3 weeks of FCTPs spilling over into MP2 though, making MP2 not what we thought it was. Or not. I dunno, I've lost track what it all means anymore... or doesn't mean. 🤖
No argument from me.

But it's closer than we were in July anyway. :)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
No argument from me.

But it's closer than we were in July anyway. :)
The real value of going to MP2 is this means they are authorized for full-up mass production. It may include FCTP, it may be slow, but it’s the step before OKTB. That’s exciting!

Kamuelaflyer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Old
Country flag
The real value of going to MP2 is this means they are authorized for full-up mass production. It may include FCTP, it may be slow, but it’s the step before OKTB. That’s exciting!
Exactly. While it is disappointing that FCTP cars are rolling into MP2, but given how things are run by Ford (and quite successfully for a long time I might add), it all makes sense. And that also means we're closer to full scale and high-quality production. Looking forward to that.*

* Just finished talking to a friend (one of the 2 I know that had/have a model S.). This one is looking at a Mach-e GT, he returned his model S a 6 months back or so, and said never again with Tesla. It spent far too much time on the barge to and from Oahu getting major work done. Advantage: Ford.

Advertisement