Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The grill is just a vinyl decal - it looks really good in person. Link to the one I got here. I ordered a few to see how they look in person and this one is by far the best looking.

https://www.struckndesign.com/store/p4129/Mach-E_Grille_Wrap.html#/
You did a nice job putting it on. Did you take the pony off to install the wrap, or just very carefully cut around it? I've been thinking of putting one on, but don't think I could manage to install it properly.
Sponsored

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
You did a nice job putting it on. Did you take the pony off to install the wrap, or just very carefully cut around it? I've been thinking of putting one on, but don't think I could manage to install it properly.
I took it to a local wrap shop. They charged my 100 to put it on (wrap itself is 70). Im not good enough w these kind of things to try myself.

They did not remove the pony. They cut around it and did an excellent job.

miata

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
miata, towncar, highlander
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I'm really trying to NOT like those grill wraps. After all this is new technology, so why make it look like it has something (a radiator grill) representative of the old? But I just can't help myself. Esp on the performance-evoking, Mustang-named MME, that one of RedDragon's just simply looks GREAT!

No matter how much I look at EV's and engage my left brain, my right brain is still saying "Something just needs to go between the headlights". The Tesla Model 3 looks particularly bad with its plain but angular front. Lucid does well with a near-continuous band of lighting in that region (fog, driving, etc) and I'll give them extra credit for evoking the lovely front engine V12 Ferrari 365 Daytona of the 1970s. But just plain paint (thank God there's at least a pony there) seems to miss the mark style-wise. And adding a front license plate only makes things worse.

I suspect there were many 100's of hours of meeting time at Ford arguing over this. The classic VW Beetle and Porsche 911 had to deal with the same issue (business in the rear, nothing functional between the headlights) and came out with iconic designs that 7 decades later still look great. Ford needs to do likewise.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm really trying to NOT like those grill wraps. After all this is new technology, so why make it look like it has something (a radiator grill) representative of the old? But I just can't help myself. Esp on the performance-evoking, Mustang-named MME, that one of RedDragon's just simply looks GREAT!

No matter how much I look at EV's and engage my left brain, my right brain is still saying "Something just needs to go between the headlights". The Tesla Model 3 looks particularly bad with its plain but angular front. Lucid does well with a near-continuous band of lighting in that region (fog, driving, etc) and I'll give them extra credit for evoking the lovely front engine V12 Ferrari 365 Daytona of the 1970s. But just plain paint (thank God there's at least a pony there) seems to miss the mark style-wise. And adding a front license plate only makes things worse.

I suspect there were many 100's of hours of meeting time at Ford arguing over this. The classic VW Beetle and Porsche 911 had to deal with the same issue (business in the rear, nothing functional between the headlights) and came out with iconic designs that 7 decades later still look great. Ford needs to do likewise.
I had the same debate..then I walked onto a Ford dealer lot and saw the grill on the GT and thought it looked SO MUCH better than the other trims with nothing there. There was no going back for me after that.

That being said - it's a great looking car either way!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I took it to a local wrap shop. They charged my 100 to put it on (wrap itself is 70). Im not good enough w these kind of things to try myself.

They did not remove the pony. They cut around it and did an excellent job.
Hmmm - I see you're in NJ; whereabouts did you take it to get the wrap put on (I'm in the Marlton/cherry hill area)? I have a RT1 and took the aero covers off because they just look like Tonka wheels to me, and have thought about getting them wrapped. That grill you chose looks awesome, too.

That being said - it's a great looking car either way!
Yes, but the nose does need a little "something" and that grill wrap looks pretty darn good.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmm - I see you're in NJ; whereabouts did you take it to get the wrap put on (I'm in the Marlton/cherry hill area)? I have a RT1 and took the aero covers off because they just look like Tonka wheels to me, and have thought about getting them wrapped. That grill you chose looks awesome, too.

Yes, but the nose does need a little "something" and that grill wrap looks pretty darn good.
I'm in Tenafly (northern jersey, Bergen county). I went to MLYFE here in town - they do lots of wraps/customizations. It's probably a bit far for you, but if you Google car wrap Philadelphia I'm sure you will find a ton of places in your area to get stuff done.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm in Tenafly (northern jersey, Bergen county). I went to MLYFE here in town - they do lots of wraps/customizations. It's probably a bit far for you, but if you Google car wrap Philadelphia I'm sure you will find a ton of places in your area to get stuff done.
Finding a place in google and finding a place that does a good job for a reasonable price is another matter :D

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
Time to introduce Rojo to the club. He has both front windows tinted and windshield. PPF front 1/3. Ceramic Coating. Calipers painted ferrari yellow and GTPE rims swap.

Ford Mustang Mach-E RAPID RED METALLIC Mach-E Club C570B3C3-1787-4450-9B3F-921036583BA0

Ford Mustang Mach-E RAPID RED METALLIC Mach-E Club 72EA06B8-0FEF-4847-996F-A921AD15B70F

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag

I was in the same mindset, and didn’t really like any of the faux grille designs, as I didn’t feel that they simulated the GT grille well enough, which is why I designed this one and sent it to StrucknDesign.

It actually took me several attempts—I ended up discarding the first 3 or 4 designs, figuring I wasn’t going to be satisfied. But then after a few days, I’d figure that there’s still plenty of time until my rapid red would arrive, so I’d give it another shot.

Finally I arrived at this design, and I’m thankful for all who have had it installed on their MMEs.

Full disclosure: I sent it to StrucknDesign as an ‘open source’ design for free, and paid the full $70 for mine. Now if only my Mach-E would arrive, I’ll have it installed, then upload pics!

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was in the same mindset, and didn’t really like any of the faux grille designs, as I didn’t feel that they simulated the GT grille well enough, which is why I designed this one and sent it to StrucknDesign.

It actually took me several attempts—I ended up discarding the first 3 or 4 designs, figuring I wasn’t going to be satisfied. But then after a few days, I’d figure that there’s still plenty of time until my rapid red would arrive, so I’d give it another shot.

Finally I arrived at this design, and I’m thankful for all who have had it installed on their MMEs.

Full disclosure: I sent it to StrucknDesign as an ‘open source’ design for free, and paid the full $70 for mine. Now if only my Mach-E would arrive, I’ll have it installed, then upload pics!
Yours is awesome! I had another one on there and wasn't satisfied - looked like a sticker. Yours does not - it legitimately looks like something that would roll of factory line. It's right darkness and complexity, so it looks like it's textured. Thanks again for doing it !

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Yours is awesome! I had another one on there and wasn't satisfied - looked like a sticker. Yours does not - it legitimately looks like something that would roll of factory line. It's right darkness and complexity, so it looks like it's textured. Thanks again for doing it !
You're welcome! It's great to hear that I was able to achieve the right look; as I typically have a testing/proofing process during which to make tweaks. That certainly wasn't an option for this, other than printing a miniature 11" x 8.5" copy on my printer to evaluate.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Time to introduce Rojo to the club. He has both front windows tinted and windshield. PPF front 1/3. Ceramic Coating. Calipers painted ferrari yellow and GTPE rims swap.
Willis looking great man and congrats! Glad your ride has arrived, hope to see you around.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Finding a place in google and finding a place that does a good job for a reasonable price is another matter :D
True. Xpel has a list of installers + great reviews will yield a good result? Mine just called and said car is ready. I asked any glitches, they said the glossy black fin on rear hatch is messed up. Factory attempts to correct they say... I will see it tomorrow. They said they notice it under their white bright lights. Maybe sunlight and it has been overcast since I got it. Woh. Anyways. They did the b and c pillars for free do to piano black shine and potential for scuffs. So front end, ceramic tint -- 2 front windows, whole ceramic coating.. Should look good! They require a return checkup in 2 weeks to work out any issues that pop up.