Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I don't know the brand of coating. I took it to a detail shop and they did it.

But here are their rates: https://www.detroitmetrodetailing.com/ceramic-coatings

You can scroll that list ... the price is based on size of the car.

ALSO... there is a type of ceramic coating for glass (think of it like RainX ... except like a ceramic coat it lasts years and years) and I had them do that on the panoramic roof and windows. That was an extra $75.

If you've never done ceramic coat before... you're not supposed to wash the car or let water sit on the car for about 2 weeks after the coating is applied ... to allow it time to "cure". If water sits on the car they tell me it can re-absorb the water into the coating and results in a cloudy spot. Once it "cures" this will never happen. So the warning the shop gave me was: don't wash it until it has finished curing *and* if it gets wet ... immediately wipe it dry.
Thank you
Sponsored

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Big brother is anxiously waiting for its sister!!!

When I finished the garage my son said it'd be nice to have red things as color accessories... Bet he'll be happy with the Ruby Red F150 and the Rapid Red MME!!!!

20210218_155119_HDR.jpg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hey! They're gettin' greedy! We have to ration these things -- there are people who can't get any Mach-E's at all! Isn't there a limit 1-per-customer? ?
It's OK, one person one car. :D
(there actually was a 2 cars per person order limit)