jaredwphoto

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Got my Mach E, 'Ruby', two weeks ago. Being a professional photographer I was feeling embarrassed that I hadn't taken a proper photo of her yet. Today though, I took a couple of minutes between jobs and broke out the real camera on this beauty. I've never loved a car this much!!

Ruby.jpg

crabby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro ZL!, Hummer H2, Silverado High Country, Buick Grand National
Country flag
We had a very pleasant experience with our chosen dealer and received pleasant delivery service last week. We sent a thanks with this photo and received a kind reply.

Thanks.jpg

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

SOLIDAge

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Premium
Country flag
Just got home from driving 1550 miles to pick up my vehicle and noticed a nice rock spot on my hood. Has anyone used any clear coat for rapid red metallic that they can recommend?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Just got home from driving 1550 miles to pick up my vehicle and noticed a nice rock spot on my hood. Has anyone used any clear coat for rapid red metallic that they can recommend?
Rapid Red is paint code D4 which has a few different names apparently for Ford and has been around for a while. I picked up an official Ford touch-up pen myself from the dealer on Friday. So far I've been lucky enough that the official Ford dual-sided pen (paint on one side, clearcoat on the other) has been enough in other cars.

The Ford Parts site appears broken for me right now but the part number was PMPP195007444A and from my dealer with tax out the door was $19.17. (The Parts site has you buy online then pick up at a dealer you choose.)

SOLIDAge

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Premium
Country flag
Rapid Red is paint code D4 which has a few different names apparently for Ford and has been around for a while. I picked up an official Ford touch-up pen myself from the dealer on Friday. So far I've been lucky enough that the official Ford dual-sided pen (paint on one side, clearcoat on the other) has been enough in other cars.

The Ford Parts site appears broken for me right now but the part number was PMPP195007444A and from my dealer with tax out the door was $19.17. (The Parts site has you buy online then pick up at a dealer you choose.)
Thanks for the reply!

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Try to find someone that would air brush the touch up. Then get Expel, no more problems.