KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
One of the downsides of how quiet EVs are is that you hear rattling if it occurs. I've started to notice rattling coming from the cupholder area and have isolated it to the plastic piece that slopes down to the wireless charger area. When I put my hand on this area, I can make the rattling stop. I've had the MachE since July with 6000K and this just started a few days ago. Anyone else experience this? Fix? Video link below. Thanks.

Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I've been hearing a sound just like that, but I haven't been able to pinpoint where it's coming from. I thought it was coming from the backseat area right behind me, but I couldn't tell for sure. I'll try putting my hand on the wireless charging area next time to see if that's where it's coming from.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Huh. That sounds to me like the plastic tray could be flexing a little bit as you drive? I wonder if whatever anchors it came loose just enough to make it wiggle, twist, and pop with the MME’s rather bouncy suspension. It has that sharp, high pitch of plastic flexing to me.

OP
OP
KDub

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Huh. That sounds to me like the plastic tray could be flexing a little bit as you drive? I wonder if whatever anchors it came loose just enough to make it wiggle, twist, and pop with the MME’s rather bouncy suspension. It has that sharp, high pitch of plastic flexing to me.
Yes, that makes sense, especially because it wasn't present for over 4 months. I'm wondering if some sort of Gorilla Glue at the base of where the cup holder slopes and meets the wireless charger flat area would stop the flexing.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Yes, that makes sense, especially because it wasn't present for over 4 months. I'm wondering if some sort of Gorilla Glue at the base of where the cup holder slopes and meets the wireless charger flat area would stop the flexing.
I wouldn't say glue is the best solution, if they ever need to get into there for some reason? I'd just take it to the dealer.

OP
OP
KDub

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
I wouldn't say glue is the best solution, if they ever need to get into there for some reason? I'd just take it to the dealer.
Gonna be there for the windshield / roof recall anyway. Good point. Thanks.

passtc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-e Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
were you able to get this fixed? i’m having the same rattle :\

OP
OP
KDub

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
I put some light pressure on the shiny black plastic all around the cup holders, including the area under the overhang where the shifter is and heard a low snap. That seemed to resolve it temporarily. From time to time it returns and I do this and it usually resolves it. I do not have a fix for the similar rattling that occurs when a mug or cup is in the cup holder.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
OMG! I have the same rattle. I have found pulling up on the faux leather piece between the cup holder and the shifter knob will stop it for a bit. If anyone figures it out please post.

I also hear one coming from the back seat area passenger side
Sponsored