READ THIS BEFORE YOU TAKE DELIVERY OF YOUR MACH e

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Since Los Angeles dealers were mentioned, I will say that I was very happy with the sales process at Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood. No ADM, no add-on services, they only asked once if I wanted I think it was an extended warranty and service plan and when I said no thanks, they never mentioned it again. They also took x-plan.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CaPhil

CaPhil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e Premium SR, Star White
Occupation
Retired engineer
Country flag
As someone living in the area with an order in, I'm also curious about who the dealer is. If you don't want to out them, can you provide a general area where they are?
I am not trying to be cute but the name of my dealer isn’t important. Many other dealers besides mine will try to sell you add ons or include ADM. The important take away from my post is to be alert for this and to know that the threat on going to Ford, if required, will likely back down the dealer.

For California buyers you have at least two rebates: the $1500 CCFR through the dealer that I mentioned above and a $2000 Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) rebate that you have to apply for through the state. You only have 90 days from purchase to apply for the CVRP rebate. Also, I suggest you check the CCFR web site to make sure your dealer is listed as a participant. Evidently dealers have to apply to be a participant, they are not automatically included.

Also, many California utilities offer rebates or lower kwh rates to EV owners.

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I am not trying to be cute but the name of my dealer isn’t important. Many other dealers besides mine will try to sell you add ons or include ADM. The important take away from my post is to be alert for this and to know that the threat on going to Ford, if required, will likely back down the dealer.
I appreciate that, although personally I think it's better to avoid patronizing a dealer that did that to you, as opposed to just watching out for being ripped off. But I'm glad that at the end it worked out for you. Also, I can related to your covid anxiety if you were in their office for a long time!

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After buying numerous RV and motorhomes we are somewhat experienced with the tactics of wearing buyers down Until they pay up. One putting us on hold for 4 hours back and forth tactics until you are exhausted by the sleaze bags.

never with cars though. After reading the forums I was prepared for a possible setback, but turned out so lucky to have chosen Walnut Creek Ford who took care of everything and no adm. , so lucky To have found them as they are a class act.

the problem with the ford dealerships is they get rewarded if we walk out on a bad adm deal. We aren’t punishing them, they want us to walk out! They are mighty happy to resell over price if you do that.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
My dealer pulled almost exactly the same two swindles the OP described.

1. "Forgot" to credit my $500 deposit.
2. "Found" a $1,500 "Ford rebate" they could apply to reduce the cost of the extended service plan. Turned out that was actually the State rebate they tried to cheat me out of.

I had to follow up a few times to get the overcharges reversed, and the service plan canceled. Moral of the story: never trust a car dealer. Also, NEVER buy the extended service - it's ALWAYS a ripoff. I should have known better.
Sponsored