alex-mache

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Nissan Leaf
Country flag
https://insideevs.com/reviews/520484/mustang-mach-e-range-test/ claims Standard AWD can go as far as 226mi @70mph.

- Does your experience with Standard AWD roughly match these numbers?
- How about 75mph?

Wanted to confirm this before I buy. Was thoroughly disappointed when I learned my new Leaf can only do ~100-110 @ 75, not even close to 150 that they advertised.

(Leaf also has chademo and can only be fast-charged once per road trip, which they didn't advertise either)
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
75 MPH would be about 15% more drag, so my estimate would be about 180-190 miles @ 75 MPH. Add some for buffers and practical range between charging stops is about 150 miles.

Since you're in SFO, you probably only need RWD which would add about 20 miles of range.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So many variables here, but expect 180-192. Things are likely to change significantly for Model year 2023 standard pack, and not for the better, according to Ford they will be transitioning to LFP chemistry.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
The EPA drive cycle is not at highway speed, so few (any?) EV's come close to their EPA range number straight down the highway. Based on using ~80% of the pack, in the summer, at speeds of ~70-75 mixed it looks like ~200 miles to dead, straight down the highway for my SR RWD car. EPA range is 230 for my SR RWD car.

speed, Temperature, elevation change, wind all matter... a lot.

With those caveats, my car, beats the EPA number by ~10-20 miles in typical weekly mixed driving in the summer. In the winter, I see ~30% less. Be aware that "winter" means vastly different things to different people... literally "your mileage may vary".

I find the Guess-o-meter reasonably accurate in predicting how far I can go.

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
https://insideevs.com/reviews/520484/mustang-mach-e-range-test/ claims Standard AWD can go as far as 226mi @70mph.

- How about 75mph?

Wanted to confirm this before I buy. Was thoroughly disappointed when I learned my new Leaf can only do ~100-110 @ 75, not even close to 150 that they advertised.

(Leaf also has chademo and can only be fast-charged once per road trip, which they didn't advertise either)
you have a lot of reading to do. DO NOT rely on salesman or claimed specifications. Read deeper into the ratings and claims. Details, details, details.

Zassi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag

- How about 75mph?

After one year and about 23000 miles of driving I can say for sure that you wont be seeing those epa or wltp ratings unless you drive a lot in cities at slow speeds. In real world with ac/heat on and all the niceties in use(and having an average speed of 50-60mph) you’ll be seeing about 75-85% of the range epa/wlpt tells you, and thats in ideal conditions. If you get a real winter like we here in Finland do then you can cut the epa-rating in half and that will be pretty much spot on.

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have a Select AWD and I have taken 100-250 mile trips at 70 mph with a kayak on the roof and I get pretty close to the EPA estimate of 211 during the summer. There is a good sized drop in range during the winter. Around town I can see 230 or even 240.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I’ve had 2 2021 SR AWDs. In perfect weather of about 70 degrees, I may be able to get 200-210 at highway speeds of about 65-70, if drafting. No way I’d get that at 75, especially in cooler temps. Even 20 degrees can make a huge difference - for example, I did a trip of about 180 miles last week on back roads at about 55-60 MPH on average. Started at 200 feet above sea level and ended at about 59 above sea level, so elevation difference is minimal. On the trip out at 70 degrees, I went through 35% battery to go 87 miles. Pretty good! On the way back on the exact same roads, but temps in the low 50s, it took 45% battery. Think about that difference - it cost about 30% more battery (10% more overall) for the same trip just because it was 15-20 degrees cooler.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Recent highway trip mostly (80% of trip) 75 mph with strong winds and 100 + temps we saw 160 miles before we felt it was time to recharge. 90-100% charge at start and below 20% at end of drive on an extended range battery.

OP
OP
alex-mache

alex-mache

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Nissan Leaf
Country flag
Thanks all for your input!
So overall it sounds like the EPA rating is not that far off.

The mentioned 150 miles between charging stops looks pretty reasonable for an infrequent road tripper like me. Probably the ER battery wouldn't pay off in my case.
Sponsored