Real time energy expenditure / regeneration

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Is there a display in the drivers instrument display or center screen to show the amount of kW currently being used or returned to the battery?

I looked through the owners manual, but might have missed it.

I see Braking Coach, but displays after you have stopped. And I know about the, where your energy is going, graph that’s shows the break down of how the energy is used.

But so far I haven’t seen something that shows the amount of kW real time usage.
Advertisement

generaltso

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I don't think it currently exists. We can hope those types of details will be added later (along with displaying the charging speed).

BlueMach

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Unfortunately no, which seems like a huge oversight, just like the lack of kW display during charging. I have to have hope that this will be in the first OTA.

Wildthing

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I have it in my Kona and it's very useful. I was disapointed to see it was absent when I drove one. The battery temperature is also a crucial information (especially for level 3 charging) I hope they will have it in a OTA. I have an external screen in my Kona that displays battery temperature with a bluetooth OBDII device

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
There Is no option for that on MME yet. But you can archive that using the Car Scanner app and a ELM327 (viewer) BT adapter. I would not recommend for day by day use, but good to have an idea of power consumption and regeneration.

Advertisement

Advertisement