msugma

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Std Range, Premium, AWD, Space White
Country flag
Seems like the real world range estimates on the GOM is routinely meeting or beating the EPA range for the Extended range battery. I can't find any info though, on the STD range? Does anyone numbers to share for either the AWD or RWD STD range variants.

I'm not THAT concerned about range for my driving habits, but just curious what you all are getting.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Standard range rwd in Phoenix. Mine's been exceeding EPA estimates so far.

Currently indicating 216 miles to empty with 84% charge. That's roughly 257 miles at full with my recent driving patterns (mixed city and highway).

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have a SR AWD Premium. The EPA range is 211 miles. I have not been paying too much attention to it because so much of my driving is just local and range is never an issue for me. That being said, I have not reset my trip computer at all since purchase and can see that data.

For the approximately 1,000 miles I have driven my Mach-E, I have averaged 3.5 miles per kWh. This implies a total range of 238 miles (3.5 miles per kWh * 68 usable kWh total in SR battery).

But get this, my guess-o-meter range estimate is currently saying I can get only 55 miles with a 31% charge. That implies a total range of only 177 miles. I have a bit of a lead foot and I think the car is reflecting that in the range estimate.

That being said, I have found environmental factors greatly outweigh how I’m driving the car as far as range goes, and maybe the GOM isn’t factoring that in well. I live up a hill in a hilly area so when I go downhill, I get astronomical miles per kWh (often 99.9) for much of the time even if I am driving hard, because the car is apparently net gaining charge, but when I go uphill to get home, even if I am driving slowly, this same figure is often in the 2s.

OlyCam

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
Dentist
Country flag
My 2WD SR was telling me I’ve got 240-260 miles after a charge. I’ve now stopped charging past 90% for my day to day. I live in Western WA and 75 every day all summer is likely helping with that. Don’t know how to check my m/kw, so I feel dumb on that. But I’ve done 2,500 miles and never had below 37%. Took a trip to Bellevue (70 miles) there and back on a full charge and said I was at 46% after 140 or so miles. That was in ideal weather in slow freeway traffic with ACC and Lane Guidance on, but little AC.

Back in April when I got it, it was saying 195-210 on average, but it was cooler, and I hadn’t reset the trip from it being test driven for 1 1/2 weeks at the dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag