SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
Many people on Reddit are stating they are being told their vehicles are now going to be 2023s instead of 2022s. I ordered mine back in October of last year. Do you think I will have to wait until the 2023 model is released? I cannot tell you how badly I need a car right now. . .

I am presently driving a 99 Toyota Corolla with 180,000 miles on it and the exhaust from the engine back has fallen off, has been smoked in heavily, food damage, spider webs from sitting on the farm since 2017, the breaks are so-so, it leaks oil, and I won't even go into the reason of gas right now...

God, I need that production email so badly!
Sponsored

Sully11740

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium (on order)
Country flag
I ordered my Premium ER AWD mid November. I read the same reddit stuff and I'm clueless as to the real problems Ford is experiencing and am hopeful for my June delivery (based on the published 28 week timeframe) so by that you can tell I live in my own fantasy world. I'd like to get the vehicle I ordered but it seems like it's going to be missing something, whether it's just that auto lift gate feature or additional stuff like the auto parking feature. I don't like the shifting specs on my future vehicle and am getting antsy waiting.

So, to answer your question, I do NOT believe you will be getting a 2023 vehicle, but it will not have all the features you might have expected. Just my belief.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sorry to say but people ordered last April/May are still waiting. If you are in Canada, California, NY, or other ZEV state you have a chance.

I bought cancelled order in my exact config. Just took some legwork to find

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Premium RWD ER
Country flag
Many people on Reddit are stating they are being told their vehicles are now going to be 2023s instead of 2022s. I ordered mine back in October of last year. Do you think I will have to wait until the 2023 model is released? I cannot tell you how badly I need a car right now. . .

I am presently driving a 99 Toyota Corolla with 180,000 miles on it and the exhaust from the engine back has fallen off, has been smoked in heavily, food damage, spider webs from sitting on the farm since 2017, the breaks are so-so, it leaks oil, and I won't even go into the reason of gas right now...

I ordered mine last October and itā€™s currently being built. What does the online status say?

napajeff22

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Mustang GT, 22 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Retired Auto parts salesperson
Country flag
I am An Oct 4th order (Premium AWD X) and still no build date. Starting to think I should be searching for something else.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
But these will get added later on at no expense to me, right?
No one can answer that question. Nor the question of whether a vehicle, without a scheduled production date, is going to be a 2022 or a 2023. Nor whether vehicles without chips that have been sitting for weeks / months are going to be completed and shipped by a certain time.

Next week's weather forecast is much more certain.

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Premium RWD ER
Country flag
I am An Oct 4th order (Premium AWD X) and still no build date. Starting to think I should be searching for something else.
Iā€™d suggest to check in with your dealer. If your ordered was changed from a ā€˜21 to ā€˜22 then there is a chance that itā€™s fallen into a limbo state.

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Premium RWD ER
Country flag
No one can answer that question. Nor the question of whether a vehicle, without a scheduled production date, is going to be a 2022 or a 2023. Nor whether vehicles without chips that have been sitting for weeks / months are going to be completed and shipped by a certain time.

Next week's weather forecast is much more certain.
Rick, any idea whatā€™s causing your delivery to be delayed by over 2 months?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I'd check with your dealer in your shoes. Being in NE probably doesn't help with allocations. Do you have a scheduled for production date yet?

I assume all dealers only get so many cars and recent gas price increases is making every EV super scarce.

If you need a car now, you may want to consider short term options, but if it's not even scheduled, I'd be hesitant if it'd get built. I ordered in Sept, in CA, already ~28 weeks. I expect it to take at least 32+ weeks (not shipped yet, just preparing to ship).

Also depending on if you ordered a Select/Premium/CaRt1/GT, I'd consider my options.

If it's a Select, I'd seriously consider searching everywhere for one with lower/no markups. That should be possible if someone tries hard enough.

Edit: Wanted to add your example is where maybe paying a little ADM is more ok than not since your car could break anyday now. It's a 1999 (you've saved a lot of $$ already). Gas for 9 more months depending on use could be $3600 for some people ($100/week over 9 months).

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
You ordered at the opening of 22 MY, so I think you have a decent shot at getting a ā€˜22. Orders seem to be taking closer to 12 months recently, Iā€™m at 9 months waiting to ship. There have been more factory shutdowns recently in Asia that will slow production even more. If you canā€™t make it to Oct/Nov this year then I would buy something else or consider paying a markup to get a dealer stock Mach-E.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

There are still 7 months of scheduling left this year. As others have said there is no way to know what supply chain issues may crop up. My guess is you have a decent chance; however, it will be later in the year as you do not have a production date yet. So if you need something now then shop around - you may get lucky - good luck!

AndyP

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, F150, RX350, MX5, Bronco
Country flag
You ordered at the opening of 22 MY, so I think you have a decent shot at getting a ā€˜22. Orders seem to be taking closer to 12 months recently, Iā€™m at 9 months waiting to ship. There have been more factory shutdowns recently in Asia that will slow production even more. If you canā€™t make it to Oct/Nov this year then I would buy something else or consider paying a markup to get a dealer stock Mach-E.
I ordered 5/4/21 and mine is somewhere between the factory and me. I got a "built" email on 2/25/22 and a "shipped" email on 3/1/22. My guess is that it will be 11 months from order to arrival (assuming that shipping goes smoothly).
There is hope!!

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

dit: Wanted to add your example is where maybe paying a little ADM is more ok than not since your car could break anyday now. It's a 1999 (you've saved a lot of $$ already). Gas for 9 more months depending on use could be $3600 for some people ($100/week over 9 months).
There aren't many, but there are a few cars that *might* be available in Nebraska...

Good luck.
Sponsored