Really Ford? (They want me to buy a Mustang Mach E)!

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I got an email today from my dealer. My original order was supposed to be produced the week of 10/11. Long before having a production date, I gave up and bought a demo from another dealer. I went to the one with my original order, cancelled, got my $500 deposit back. We left the order open so they can sell it - so I can still see it in my Ford Account. Today, for the 3rd time since summer, I got an email from them letting me know they will have an update on my order soon. Just cracks me up every time. I even told them after the first notice that I cancelled the order.
I did the same thing, but without having to put down a deposit, but I got a cancelled order at another dealer, not a demo. I decided to wait until they call me, then I will tell them I am cancelling. The car is built and since then I have had three emails changing the delivery window.
Sponsored

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Marketing must be an easy job. I've signed up on multiple incoming EV email lists. Not one of those sign ups has resulted in an email about the vehicle I wanted information about but I've gotten email.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Today, I get an email from Ford with the subject: JAMES, the perfect time to get a Ford Mustang Mach-e is now.
Seriously? Nobody told Ford Marketing that I bought one 6.5 months ago? Oh, and according to Ford’s own website, the E is uppercase, not lowercase. Sigh.
The elephant in the room is this: Why are they spending a single cent on marketing for a car so popular that it takes 6 months to get?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Today, I get an email from Ford with the subject: JAMES, the perfect time to get a Ford Mustang Mach-e is now.
Seriously? Nobody told Ford Marketing that I bought one 6.5 months ago? Oh, and according to Ford’s own website, the E is uppercase, not lowercase. Sigh.
And here I would have thought you’d be happy they were keeping your private information…… private.

FWIW, it’s likely a 3rd party marketing company handling their email campaigns.

If you like you could probably email them everything you bought in the last year so they can tailor the spam marketing emails to you based on your shopping history. That would make their day!

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
My dealer wants to buy mine back from me!
Did they give an indication as to why? Sounds like the used car market is still hot. The shortage of this hot car probably makes them sell at a premium.

I would sell mine if they the net difference is big enough to put down and get a lower payment for a GT.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
But now is the perfect time buy a Mach-e @Jimrpa! You need to buy one again. Now! Most of us did it at a less than perfect time apparenty. Alas, I did not receive such a letter, so I'll have to wait for another perfect time to buy another one.
Sponsored