21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yeah think I'm not doing that again -- turns out the Mach-E has a lot of torque.
Those ramps look like Rhino Ramps. I never was a fan of Rhino Ramps, despite their cool marketing. I strongly recommend Canadian-made ProRamps.

ProRamps have rubber pads on their bottom surface to prevent "horizontal ejection" like in this video, they have much better highly ridged upper surface for the tires to grip on their way up and on their way down, and they have an internal half-pipe weight bearing inner structure for greater weight distribution onto the ground than the box structure of the Rhino Ramps.

I have used my ProRamps for almost two decades, on many cars and pickups including my AWD ER Mach E.

BTW Scoopman - another great video! KUDOS to your cameraman.
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Those ramps look like Rhino Ramps. I never was a fan of Rhino Ramps, despite their cool marketing. I strongly recommend Canadian-made ProRamps.

ProRamps have rubber pads on their bottom surface to prevent "horizontal ejection" like in this video, they have much better highly ridged upper surface for the tires to grip un the way up and on the way down, and they have an internal half-pipe weight bearing inner structure for greater weight distribution onto the ground than the box structure of the Rhino Ramps.

I have used my ProRamps for almost two decades, on many cars and pickups including my AWD ER Mach E.
Those were Rhino Ramps, and I do think for the Mach-E, you need to prevent "horizontal ejection." I just touched the throttle to get the car rolling off of the detent, and I'm glad I watched some YouTube videos which led me to conclude my kid should not be behind the car.

I am impressed he continued holding the camera -- gotta get the footage!!

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do think for the Mach-E, you need to prevent "horizontal ejection." I just touched the throttle to get the car rolling off of the detent
I had no ejection when rolling off my ProRamps, and I had the Mach E up several times. Really. I include this info for people considering ramps.

Found out about ProRamps from good people on another car blog years ago. They most likely have to be ordered... I could never find them in the usual auto stores, before my purchase or since.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had no ejection when rolling off my ProRamps, and I had the Mach E up several times. Really. I include this info for people considering ramps.

Found out about ProRamps from good people on another car blog years ago. They most likely have to be ordered... I could never find them in the usual auto stores, before my purchase or since.
...and a propos of nothing at all, now that I'm back from another trip to New England I will be slapping my new AOSK lit reflector lights on this week. Thanks for the video.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

I shall change the description to do so -- thanks!

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Your helper did a good job, no way would I put my son there, he would have gone off them for sure :eek:

Yeah think I'm not doing that again -- turns out the Mach-E has a lot of torque.

AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Will these be available on your Amazon store, or only through your ev-vida.store site? I prefer the "fulfilled by Amazon" option, because it gives me better shipping options (i.e. delivery to a secure pickup location, instead of left on my porch for anyone to take).

Thanks.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Will these be available on your Amazon store, or only through your ev-vida.store site? I prefer the "fulfilled by Amazon" option, because it gives me better shipping options (i.e. delivery to a secure pickup location, instead of left on my porch for anyone to take).

Thanks.
Hi,

This is only available on ev-vida.store. because this item is harder to install, and we want to make sure buyers are able to contact us directly whenever they need assistance. a lot of amazon buyers not sure where to contact us on the amazon system.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So with (finally) a day of good weather here, I installed these rear reflector lights.

It's actually easy-peasy... my only moments of relative difficulty were connecting the connectors between the lights and the cable, down behind the new lights. And this happened only because I chose to
A). not remove or loosen the big underbody "diaper" but to work by feel thru the small 3-screw access panels, and
B). not slightly enlarge the horizontal center slit in the plastic bumper housing for the reflectors, by hand filing it or by using a Dremel bit, so as to pass the larger long cable connector thru to the outside, but just to connect the two inside the plastic bumper, purely by finger feel. No specific reason other than I was lazy and didn't feel like dragging more tools out to the driveway.

If the DIY installer chooses to loosen or just remove the underbody diaper, or to have a small flat file or Dremel tool out for the job to enlarge the width of that center slit, then even this little challenge will disappear.

BLUF: I like how these new lights work, down low on the rear bumper for low visibility driving conditions. Nice addition AOSK!

Attached: one very short video of the new lights with 4-way flashers activated, and also a front + back shot of the wedge ends on my Pro Ramps, showing their non-slip / high grip topside ribs and their bottom (floor) rubber pads.

Now Scoopman and I can position our Mach Es with headlights toward our nearby oceans, and "back-flash" each other across the USA 😜🤪🤪🤪

Pro Ramps - front and back.jpg

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
So with (finally) a day of good weather here, I installed these rear reflector lights.

It's actually easy-peasy... my only moments of relative difficulty were connecting the connectors between the lights and the cable, down behind the new lights. And this happened only because I chose to
A). not remove or loosen the big underbody "diaper" but to work by feel thru the small 3-screw access panels, and
B). not slightly enlarge the horizontal center slit in the plastic bumper housing for the reflectors, by hand filing it or by using a Dremel bit, so as to pass the larger long cable connector thru to the outside, but just to connect the two inside the plastic bumper, purely by finger feel. No specific reason other than I was lazy and didn't feel like dragging more tools out to the driveway.

If the DIY installer chooses to loosen or just remove the underbody diaper, or to have a small flat file or Dremel tool out for the job to enlarge the width of that center slit, then even this little challenge will disappear.

BLUF: I like how these new lights work, down low on the rear bumper for low visibility driving conditions. Nice addition AOSK!

Attached: one very short video of the new lights with 4-way flashers activated, and also a front + back shot of the wedge ends on my Pro Ramps, showing their non-slip / high grip topside ribs and their bottom (floor) rubber pads.

Now Scoopman and I can position our Mach Es with headlights toward our nearby oceans, and "back-flash" each other across the USA 😜🤪🤪🤪

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear Bumper Reflector Tail Lights, Plug N Play Pro Ramps - front and back
Nice!!!

voerman

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Space White Premium AWD ER MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If someone wants to install these and make them a little less dominating (my wife accused me of making the car look like it is "owned by a teenager"), you can snip the yellow wire in the harness that goes from the Mach E taillight to the new light. This will disable the turn signal and you will just get tail lights and brake lights. No more sequential flashing.

I did not bother to figure out the colors of the other wires, but you could for example turn off the taillight feature, making the brake lights more attention getting.

Clearly this is a matter of personal taste and we will all have our own views on the subject.

Lou

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
If someone wants to install these and make them a little less dominating (my wife accused me of making the car look like it is "owned by a teenager"), you can snip the yellow wire in the harness that goes from the Mach E taillight to the new light. This will disable the turn signal and you will just get tail lights and brake lights. No more sequential flashing.

I did not bother to figure out the colors of the other wires, but you could for example turn off the taillight feature, making the brake lights more attention getting.

Clearly this is a matter of personal taste and we will all have our own views on the subject.

Lou
Good idea. If I put these on my car, I will cut the wire.

BTW - my wife also made a similar comment about my car. I was thinking about stripes...

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rear Bumper Reflector Tail Lights, Plug N Play Pro Ramps - front and back
DEFINITELY!