Joey

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select
Country flag
Anyone else’s rear cargo screen keep falling off the holders?? So annoying to look in rear view mirror and see that flapping in the wind… any tips to keep this from happening??
Sponsored

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
Hmm wonder if they made changes because mine is on so tight it feels like its going to break the tabs when I try to remove it so just leaving it on. It mostly stays out of the way anyway.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
That too… but I like having it
This is a Ford product and this is what you get unfortunately.

Like I have said many of times in previous posts, every domestic car I have ever owned has something like this to deal with. In comparison to the non-domestic brands, there really is no comparison to build quality. This is the exact reason why many times the non-domestic brands seem to hold their value a little more than domestic brands (the last two years don't count ;) )

I would say that there is a better chance than not this will be my last new car domestic purchase.

I have purchased well north of 100 cars in the last 30 years (mainly because of my business) and it can't be bad luck when the same scenario keeps popping up so to speak.

I just shake my head and carry on.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Mine sits in the garage next to the adjustable floor. I don’t need the cover and the adjustable floor is a joke. It’s only use is if you need a flat floor. I find the indention where the charger goes/was much more useful than either of the above. I also don’t leave anything of value in my car so no reason to hide anything.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Hmm wonder if they made changes because mine is on so tight it feels like its going to break the tabs when I try to remove it so just leaving it on. It mostly stays out of the way anyway.
Mine too. Never had problem. The only time was on a really windy day while putting groceries in the back and closing it.

Probably the more you remove it, the more it will loosen. I purposely removed it once because the white tag was facing up reflecting on the rear window.

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine sits in the garage next to the adjustable floor. I don’t need the cover and the adjustable floor is a joke. It’s only use is if you need a flat floor. I find the indention where the charger goes/was much more useful than either of the above. I also don’t leave anything of value in my car so no reason to hide anything.
Do you want to sell it?

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag
The outer rim piece broke in one location on mine. Had to toss it.

Just got an ID.4 last week as our second car and the cargo cover they have is much more solid. It attaches in basically the same way, but it’s a hard piece and you can actually put stuff on top of it if you wanted to. I hope someone makes a similar aftermarket cargo cover for the Mach E

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
So having had the benefit of owning a 2021 and a 2022 I can confirm they changed it in the 2022 to be much more secure. 👍

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
The outer rim piece broke in one location on mine. Had to toss it.

Just got an ID.4 last week as our second car and the cargo cover they have is much more solid. It attaches in basically the same way, but it’s a hard piece and you can actually put stuff on top of it if you wanted to. I hope someone makes a similar aftermarket cargo cover for the Mach E
Will it fit the Mach E?
Sponsored